Chapter 10:Gone

*Vivian's dream*

I walked in a beautiful meadow full of flowers and grass. There was a huge tree that Jesse was staying under. I ran up and hugged him as if I haven't seen him in forever. He kissed my cheek and we walked to a big hill. We laid down and watched the sunset until I fell asleep.

Then I woke up and I was in the motel. Jesse wasn't next to me and I got scared a bit. I walked around the motel and searched for him but every room I looked in,no body was there. I went down stairs and they weren't there either. I went outside and saw everyone's bodies on the ground,they were all shot in the head. I fell to my knees and cried as some one came up and stabbed my stomach.

*Reality*

I woke up holding my stomach in pain like I actually got stabbed. I caught my breath and looked beside me. Jesse wasn't there. I got up and ran down stairs almost tripping and falling. I ran outside and saw Jesse talking to the group. I ran up to him and hugged him, scared from the dream. He hugged me back as Christa,Mackenzie,Kat and David walked away for awhile.

"Hey,what's wrong?" Jesse asked me.

"I-I though you guys were gone,I had a scary nightmare and it all started when you weren't next to me." I told Jesse still hanging on to him.

"It's ok,it was just a dream. It's not real."

I nodded and let go of him. "W-what were you doing out here?"

"Just talking to the group about protecting the motel better and keeping better watch."

I nodded again and looked at Kat sitting against the motel wall. "I'm going to uh,check on Kat,I didn't know she was awake yet."

Jesse kissed my head and walked towards Christa and David. I went to Kat and sat down next to her.

"How are you doing kid?" I asked Kat as she laid her head on my shoulder.

"I'm fine,my arm still hurts but I think it's going to get better soon." Kat told me.

"That's good.."

"How are you,you know,with everything that happened?"

"I'm,getting better. I'm still very frightened by it but I'm getting better."

Kat nodded and stood up. "I'm going to go lay down."

"Ok." I stood up as Kat walked inside with Josh.

"I'm going inside to get my gun ok." Jesse said as I turned around to face him.

"What for?" I asked sounding worried.

"I was going to check around the town and woods incase of any new threats."

"Can I come with?"

"Yeah,sure. Come on."

I followed Jesse inside the the motel, up the stairs and into our room. We looked under the bed and grabbed our guns. I grabbed my knife off the nightstand and went down stairs with Jesse behind me. We headed outside and down the street looking for any walkers or people that could be a danger to us.

We walked for a long time and killed a few walkers along the way. We ended up walking into the neighborhood that Kevin and his people lived in. I shivered in fear and grabbed Jesse's hand. He held it tight and we walked until we saw Kevin's house. We didn't go that far up to it but I started to turn around as we saw the worst sight ever.

All the bodies against the wall of his house started to stand up,we realized that we had killed them but not directly in the head. Behind the houses,that lead to the woods,came out a huge herd of zombies. Me and Jesse turned and ran the other way towards the direction of the motel. We reached a two way corner and there were zombies coming down the street on one side.