Chapter 19: Mad

"What!!?" I screamed. "No, no! Are you sure!?"

Kat pulled her shirt away from her shoulder. I saw the scratches and froze. "It happened just recently. Before we saw Ethan."

"No, no! Are you sure?" I asked.

"I know what happened Vivian! I've been scratched it's over."

"No!" I screamed.

"Vivian. I'm sorry, but things like this happen." Jesse said.

I shook my head refusing to believe it. "No, no! It's not over it can't be!"

"Vivian! I'm done! It's over! There's nothing left for me! Accept it!" She yelled at me.

"I'm sorry Kat. I'm sorry I didn't protect you as well as I could. I'm sorry I let this happen." I said.

"It's not your fault. No matter how careful you are, it always seems there is one problem." Kat said. "Ever since Nealia died. You were like a sister to me. Thank you. I love you for that."

"Oh...I love you too Kat. I've never really had a sister and I'm glad you thought of me like I was one."

"Shit!" Ethan yelled.

There was a herd of walkers blocking the road coming towards us. Ethan tried backing up but the car was stuck in some mud.

"Out of the car!!" Ethan yelled.

We all ran out but Kat stayed next to the car. "Kat! Come on!" I yelled.

"No! I'm dead anyway. Go! I'll hold them back!" Kat said as she started shooting the walkers.

"No! Kat you can't die like this!! Not like this!" I yelled.

"I'm dead anyway! Go!" She yelled back as she kept shooting.

Jesse started pulling me back as Kat ran out of bullets. She grabbed her knife and started stabbing them. Jesse pulled me in the woods as I saw her small figure get attacked.

"No!!" I screamed trying to run back.

Ethan and Jesse pulled me back immediately as I heard Kat scream. I started to run with Jesse and Ethan. Jesse held my hand as we kept running through the woods. I stopped running, out of breath. I started to walk with Jesse by me.

Kat and josh in the same day. I tired of losing people. It was making me mad. Instead of being upset, I was just pissed off now. I kept walking as Jesse tried to catch up.

"You ok?" Jesse asked.

"I'm fine." I answered.

"You sure?"

"I'm fine!"

We walked and finally found shelter. It was a normal neighbor hood. We walked to the first house and got out our knifes. I walked straight in and killed the first walker. I checked the house as the boys went upstairs. I went to a down stairs room and put my bags down.

Jesse came in and put his bags on the floor. "The house is clear. It was only that one walker. Ethan is taking it out." Jesse told me.

"Ok." I said as I took off my shoes and laid down.

"You feeling ok?" He asked.

"Never better."

"Vivian?"

"What?"

"What's up?"

"Nothing."

"Vivian I know you. Something is wrong. What is it?"