4•The Other Side

The moment i opened my eyes, the first thing i was being greeted by was a sight of a girl. The girl - who looked around my age, with big blue eyes and long wavy chestnut hair - stared deeply into my soul.

I was in utter confusion yet i was shock too. The first thing i did was gasp and the girl immediately ran away, hiding behind a bush which was not that far away from the both of us.

As i start to gain consciousness, i soon realize that i wasnt even at home or somewhere near home. I was in the forest, lost in the woods, with no one in sight, just both of us present, both of our breathing present in the atmosphere.

The atmosphere was dark and eerie. It was totally quiet, i could even hear the sound of my own breathing & heartbeat. Where am i?

"Hey! The girl behind the bush, who are you?" I made out the words.

She peeped out from the bush and looked at me. I raised an eyebrow, thinking that she has got to be playing a prank on me.

"Um, hi? Come on, cant you talk?" I jokingly remarked, standing up, cleaning up the dirt from my shirt.

As i moved closer to her, she crawled away from me. What even is she?

"I wont hurt you," i laughed and she sat completely still. Now the tables have turned, she was the one who examined me and analyzed my face.

She poked my cheek and i got offended. "Hey! Don't touch me!" I scoffed and she jumped back.

"Oh, so, is this what a human looks like? Interesting!" She smiles to herself.

"What the hell?" I voiced out my thoughts.

"What do you mean, human?" I continued to question.

She raised an eyebrow, "You're human, right?" she questions. I laughed at her dumb remark.

"Of course, what else would i be?" I say. But why would she ask a silly question? Unless, she's not one herself? But that's impossible! Things like that only exists in sci-fi movies.

"You're not human, are you?" i hesitate and she slowly nods her head. Okay, im either dreaming or dreaming.

"Youre not human? But you look exactly like me!" I say.

"We may look alike, but we're not the same. You see, we live in two separate dimensions. And i-" she softly spoke, soon stopping mid sentence, pointing to a dead end of a fence, which then leads to a enormous log with a gigantic hole opening.

"- am from the other side," she continues.

I raised an eyebrow, pointing to the gigantic log, then laugh. "You're from in there? Tell me youre joking," i comment and she frowns and shook her head.

Just then, a loud horn could be heard from the log. I jumped and was caught off guard.

The sound only lasted for about three seconds before it ended. The girl in front of me then waves goodbye.

"Meet me here, exactly here, tomorrow, at 9 pm, okay?" She commands, without having me to say anything or to react at anything, she runs away and over the fence and into the log she goes.

I tried to see what was in the log but there was nothing at all. Where did she go? Where did she come from? What the hell does she mean 'other side'?

So many questions left unanswered; but i guess if i meet her tomorrow at 9, those questions will no longer be on my mind, right?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
What's good? Haha. Sorry this chapter was abit short didn't want to give out to much!! But if you liked it, do vote, share and comment! Also follow me on my social medias. Again do vote and share!!