Erupted my heart

“I have a lot to feel guilty for and not being able to die is my punishment, to have to live with the pain.”

Cosmas had been around a while and when he found Gasparo in Pompeii he knew he would have a friend to be with him for the many years to come. Through the years they had fun, but under the mask that Gasparo had once believed was weak held pain and guilt that ate his insides every day, guilt that was wished upon him by his lifelong friend.

Almost 2,000 years past and Cosmas begins to age, not fast but at a normal human rate, realisation hits that his immortality is running out, he finds his true love and marries and even has a daughter, Antonia. Gasparo knowing that it won’t be long before the same happens to him tries to settle himself in England, but he can’t find the right woman, he lost this true love at the beginning of his long life or so he thought.

Sixteen years after his departure, he notices slight aging signs, he moved to Australia to be with Cosmas who had settled with his wife and daughter, times change though, the young teenage parents he left are now in the early thirties and the newborn baby he held in the hospital is now a beautiful, feisty blonde-haired teenager.  She’s a bit strange but it all adds to the appeal, the first time he saw her in sixteen years, she plopped strawberry yoghurt onto a cardboard box and indirectly threatened to stab him with a prawn. He only felt this way about one girl in his life before and even that wasn’t as strong as this. Has Gasparo found his real true love or is it just a matter of you want what you can’t have because there is no way Cosmas wants his little girl to be with Gasparo, he knows that his a trouble maker, he spent 2,000 years with him doing things that no father wants their little girl to be influenced with.