Chapter 1

“Antonia Petti get your arse over here and help me lift this box!” I looked over to see my mum lifting, well attempting to lift a box with the words Mazi’s rocks scrawled on the side. She so far had successfully dragged it through the front door and to the bottom of our wooden stair case.

“In a sec, where’s Dad?” I asked her in hope that she would know where my good for nothing daddy has gone.

“I only know where he is when he is in my line of sight otherwise he could be in Narnia and you know that perfectly well now help me with this box!” she choked. I dawdled over purposely and received the reaction I was after, “Toni! Help me now!” she shouted. I laughed and sped up my walk to help her attempt to lift up the box.

“Mummy I can’t do it!” I whined kicking the box which was now on the second of the thirteen wooden steps.

“Don’t try pull that shit with me you don’t go to the gym almost every afternoon to have no muscle mass, now heave!” we both lifted the box again successfully up one step, just as we were about to repeat the process my foot slipped and I was no longer on the stair case, oh no I was sprawled across the floor with one arm tucked unnaturally behind my back and my leg spread wide open.

“Oh my god,” my mum squeaked, “Honey are you alright? Let me help you is anything broken?”

“Nope all good,” I groaned sitting up and moving my smooshed arm around. It hurt, of course it hurt, I just fell on it with all my body weight not to mention it was bent in a way that I don’t think arms are meant to bend. I smirked an idea arising.

“Ouch! Mum it’s not broken but it hurts so bad I need ice cream!” I said in my best bad actors voice. Mum laughed and ruffled my already tangled blonde hair.

“Yep that proves it your fine.”

“No actually I’m not it could have done some serious external damage!” I fought.

“You mean internal?” she tested.

“Yes, exactly it’s already affecting the brain and you just proved it!” I said feeling proud of my remark.

“Sweetheart no it doesn’t because you probably would have said that anyway.” Suddenly not so proud.

“I’m telling Daddy that you called me dumb,” I threatened and ran off to the kitchen, no ice cream but yoghurt was the next best thing.

I took a glass cup out from one of the top cupboards and filled it with blobs of strawberry yoghurt, I put the table spoon I used to put the yoghurt in the cup in the dishwasher, after licking it of course, and grabbed a new teaspoon out of the cutlery draw. Child-like? No. More like Toni-Like. I walked past the stair case and stopped, looks like mum decided to give up on taking the box of rocks upstairs because it still sat on the third step where it had been before it rudely managed to throw me off the stairs. I walked up the two stairs prior to the box and looked at it. I spooned out some of the yoghurt and plop…

“Stupid box,” I said grinning at my handy work.

“Why did you do that sweet heart?” that wasn’t mums voice.

“Hello Dad decided to return from Narnia have we,” I joked “As for the box, it deserved its fate.”

“Still taking those stupid rocks with you everywhere Maz”? Asked an unfamiliar British voice and for the first time I noticed there was a stranger in the room, a stranger that was oddly familiar and had a tremendously perfect face, and I was sure that under those jeans, boots and dark blue hoody was a tremendously perfect body. Urgh snap out of it Toni!  Just like usual when an attractive person was around I got sick and spayed a shitload of word vomit sprayed from my mouth.