Chapter 3

CHATER: 3

Me and Demi slumped through my front door and into a surprisingly spotless house.

“Amy been doing the cleaning cause this is 5 star!” Demi commented. Looking around the room it was that clean I didn’t believe my mother could actually achieve it, it was all the details that made it sparkle; There were no streaks on any of the chrome around the house, the window were drop free, the benches were perfectly wiped, all the cushions were set neatly on the couch and even the fruit looked like it had be put there by an artist so they could paint it.

What completely surprised me was that my last thought was partly true, under the fruit bowl, something I didn’t notice at first, was a black and white interpretation of the fruit. It was perfect and had every bruise and every scratch sketched onto a piece of paper. Looking at it made me think it was a printed picture, but if you looked it was easy to see the pencil lines and where the artist slightly smudged the side of the bowl with his arm.

“Was that you?” Demi questioned looking over in awe at the fruit bowl picture.

I shook my head, I couldn’t draw a decent stick figure let alone a perfect, meticulous picture of our fruit bowl. Whoever did it had a real eye for detail.

“Hey girls what you up to” my dad said walking into the kitchen and pulling out a beer from the fridge.

“Not much,” I answered, “Hey dad did you draw this?” I questioned knowing that my dad was an excellent drawer.

“No I think Gasper did, he was always a better drawer then me,” He laughed, “He had to have something over me,” he added after.

“Well that makes attractive boy even more attractive,” Demi said under her breath so only I could hear. I huffed out a chuckle when dad elaborated.

“Got a real eye for detail he does, notice how our house is almost sparkling.

“Wait he cleaned the house too?” I asked surprised.

“Yep couldn’t you notice?” he staggered.

“Yeah I noticed,” I acknowledged, “where’s mum?” I asked changing the subject from how amazing Gasper’s eye for detail is.

“Out the back I think, where having a barbeque for dinner and inviting the neighbours,” he informed me.

“Great you’re staying Demi, get Craig to pick you up after Footy practice,” I told her.

“Alright,” she answered, “Maybe he can pick you up too.” She winked and screeched as my arm came plummeting towards her chest.

“Argh! You’re gonna give me breast cancer,” she droned and dramatically fell to the floor complaining. I laughed at her and watched as dad gave us a confused look at our chaotic behaviour, he shook his head and walked away with the can of beer.

We made our way out the back shortly after dad and saw that he was lounging on a wooden chair and next to him was Gasper doing the same thing wearing board shorts and a white t-shirt. His dark waves where dripping at the ends telling me he had just been in the pool not too long ago. Him and dad where talking loudly about old experiences.

“Remember when we first moved to Australia Gaz? And we wore wearing the short shorts and thongs in blue singlets, it was very elite wasn’t.” dad laughed.

“I remember it perfectly,” he said. “Oi mate on your way down ‘ere grab us a few tinnies so we can watch this Sheila in her cozzies.” He switched his usual British accent to a Bogan Australian and he did it perfectly.

“You still got it mate,” dad praised high fiving his friend.

“Once and Aussie always and Aussie, no matter where you been,” he said still in the Australian accent.