Sixth Day | LevYaku

Older!AU

~

Yaku, balancing three bags in his left hand, two on his right arm, and a coffee being held between his teeth, sighed heavily.

He hated winter. Sure, most people became all happy and giddy, then prance around in the snow, drinking hot cocoa or something, but that wasn't the case for Yaku. He saw the snow and ice as Mother Nature giving him opportunities to hurt himself.

For example;

Orange leaves falling to the ground;

Most people: "Yay! It's so pretty!"

Yaku: "The trees and plants are dying. Their leaves show how the cold causes them to suffer. They wilt and fall. Horrible."

Snowstorms;

Most people: "This is great! Let's go out and build snowmen! We can walk around the white town!"

Yaku: "This is going to stop me from being productive. The snow is cold, and if something happens, someone could freeze to death."

and so on. . .

Nonetheless, as a human being, he needed food. So, Yaku reluctantly stepped out for half an hour to pick up some groceries and stopped on the way to the nearest drive-thru to get a small coffee because god did he really needed one.

After struggling for a moment, Yaku managed to open the door to his little safe haven from the cold. With a grunt, he shut the door behind him and tossed his keys onto the counter, along with the five bags.

Yaku hadn't noticed right away--and didn't exactly realize how he hadn't--but the television was on. Some game show was playing. Yaku recognized it as "Candy or Not Candy?", which just so happened to be a certain half-Russian's favourite game show.

"What the--" Yaku started, but before he could eve finish his sentence, a body popped up from behind the couch, a grin on his face.

"Yaku-san! Jeez, that took you forever! What did you get?"

Yaku was filled with multiple emotions; anger, surprise, confusion, and curiously, happiness as well.

"What the hell, Lev?! How the hell did you get into my apartment?!" he shouted at the male, who was now making his way over to Yaku.

"Well, your "hidden spare keys" aren't so hidden," Lev said, twirling the key on the keyring around his index finger. "Ugh, you got broccoli and brussel sprouts? God, Yaku-san, those taste nasty!"

Yaku grabbed the bags of food out of Lev's hands and protested, "Shut it. Besides, they're good for your health--wait, I'm getting off topic! You're not supposed to just walk into someone's house when they're not there!!"

Lev sighed, sitting down at a chair. "Yeah, well, I was bored, I knew where your spare key was from last time--"

"WHAT? WHEN'S LAST TIME?!"

Lev shushed Yaku, then continued speaking. "--and I felt like having cookies."

Yaku put his fingers to the bridge of his nose, clearly annoyed. "So, you broke into my house, ate my last pudding cup--which I can see over there on the table--just so you got get me to bake you. . . cookies?"

"Chocolate chip ones, yes."

I can't believe this kid. I seriously can't believe this kid.