one

Arabella' eyes shot open when she was awoken from yet another nightmare

Arabella' eyes shot open when she was awoken from yet another nightmare. Emma was hovering over her, with a concerned look on her face.

"Another nightmare?" She asked.
Arabella sighed and nodded, sitting herself up. "Same one... as usual."

Emma gave her a sympathetic smile. "Whatever happened is in the past, okay? Your dreams are just scaring you. You're safe now, Arabella."

Arabella nodded. She tucked a stray strand of her messy hair behind her ear before nodding. "I know. Thank you, Emma."

Emma returned the smile. "That's okay. Now come on, it's time to get up." Her smile turned into a grin. "There's someone I'd like you to meet."

Arabella was never one to dress herself up - she mainly wore the same clothes, since when she ran away, she left all of her clothes at her home.

Once Arabella had gotten ready, Emma lead her out of their room and down the long corridor. As they walked, Arabella could feel as if someone was watching. She turned around to see Enoch stood by the frame of his door, at the end of the hallway.

As usual, he seemed to show no form emotion as he watched her. Arabella rolled her eyes and turned away.

Emma lead Arabella into the kitchen just as Olive had finished boiling the kettle.

"That'll do. Thank you, Olive. No one enjoys over-boiled tea." Miss Peregrine told her.

Arabella noticed a tall boy with dark hair and eyes stood beside her - she was guessing he the was person Emma wanted her to meet.

"Arabella! There you are, dear! I'm terribly sorry, but I think you're going to have to kill the pub landlord and the policemen again because Olive and Millard may have created a bit of a mess at the pub." Miss Peregrine explained.

Arabella responded with a nod. She noticed the nameless boy looking at her with curious eyes.

"And then you're going to the butchers to get some meat for supper with Enoch?" Miss Peregrine added.

Arabella nodded. "At exactly 4pm."
Miss Peregrine's curved into a freakishly big smile. "Perfect."

Jacob eyed the girl from top to bottom. Her skinny, pale, legs were shaking slightly. She was dressed, but it seemed as if she didn't put much effort into how she looked.

She wore a black skirt that came up just above her knees, and worn out, white shirt - Jacob was struggling to tell whether it was in fact white.

Her brown hair was messy, but it suited her. She wore all black and stood there with an emotionless face.

One of the things that Jacob quickly noticed as he looked at her pale face, was that she wore dark eyeshadow and eyeliner. She looked unhappy... and he wondered why.

Jacob then stared into her eyes, hoping to figure her out, but he saw nothing.

"Oh, yes!" Miss Peregrine chuckled, looked in between the boy and Arabella. "How silly of me! Jacob, meet Arabella. Arabella, meet Jacob - Abe's grandson."

Jacob gave her a small smile. "Call me Jake."
To the boy's surprise, her lips curved into a tiny smile.

Olive started to pour the small group's cups of tea, but looked up when someone caught her attention. "Let me help you with those, Enoch."

Arabella followed Olive's eyes to see the tall brunette boy carrying two jars. "Don't bother." He shot Jacob a glare. "I wouldn't want to interrupt your tea party." Was all he said, before he hurried out of the room.

Olive sighed and put the kettle down, before following him, leaving Jacob with Arabella, Miss Peregrine and Emma.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, Jake." Miss Peregrine spoke up.
Jake gulped. "You know?"
"I know if Abe were alive, he would have told me your were coming. Shall we take our tea outside?" The headmistress smiled.

Jake nodded. Arabella watched as Miss Peregrine handed Jake his cup of tea before picking up her own.

"I'm going to go and help the baby squirrel," Emma began. Arabella turned to her. Emma put her hand on her shoulder and smiled. "I'll see you later."

Arabella nodded and watched Emma swiftly walk off. Once she turned back around, Miss Peregrine and Jake were gone.