Chapter 16

"What did you dream about?" Ava asked curiously.

"Violet are you okay? This is the second time Ava asked her question," jessamine said concerned.

I shrugged it off.

"Yeah I'm good," I lied.

It had been centuries since I had fallen. But I missed God, and Edward. Edward was on Lucifer's side, but I still missed him, he had been my boyfriend for centuries before he left me.

Charles made us all oatmeal. It looked lumpy and weird but I was grateful for the food.

But I soon realized I wasn't going to eat more than 5 bites of oatmeal.

The next hours were a blur.

We said goodbye to Charles and got in the car. I slept in the car seeing that I hadn't slept after I woke from the dream I had.

I woke up to Ethan and Jessamine whispering. I kept my eyes shut because I heard my name in their conversation.

"Violet had a vivid nightmare..." Jessamine whispered.

"It must of been realistic because she was crying right?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah, she didn't go back to sleep after that," jessamine added.

"Do you think that she dreamt about being a vampire again?" Ethan asked.

"Maybe," jessamine replied.

"Shh," Ethan whispered softly.

I must've moved. Well, might as well open my eyes now.

I looked out the window. Only 30 minutes more until we reached the institute.
_________
It was nearly 10pm. I was wandering the halls of the institute when I heard Ethan playing.

I approached him.

He was seated at his piano. His palms hovered above the keys and his fingers touched the keys lightly.

He was playing an old song that I recognized. He played it for a few minutes. Then stopped.

"Come sit with me," Ethan offered.

Ethan didn't turn his head but he knew I had been watching him. Instead of responding, I sat on the bench next to him.

Ethan played a different song. This time the song made a stronger statement. The song started off small with timid notes then it built up to a strong melody that was bold. He played the deeper notes and more chords. The melody rose and fell. Then it all blended together. It was beautiful. The song told a story that couldn't be told with words. It told the story of acceptance.

I was in tears now.

Ethan finished the song with a last note and looked over at me.

"Why are you crying Violet?" He asked.

"The song. It's-it's beautiful,"I stated between sobs.

Ethan nodded.

"You wrote it didn't you?" I asked.

"Yes," Ethan said softly.

Ethan was looking at me. I felt his eyes looking deep into my soul. I felt vulnerable.

Ethan tilted his head slightly to the right and started to lean in.

I stayed quiet, afraid that if I spoke ...time would break. I tilted my head slightly and leaned in.

I could see the curve of Ethan's eyelashes.

His pupils were dilated. His lips looked soft and welcoming. I could feel Ethan's warm breath on my face.

Our eyes closed and we closed the gap between us.

Our lips pressed together. I felt a surge of warmth.

Our lips drew apart for a second. Then pressed together again. One of Ethan's hands was holding my face.

Then we separated.

I knew my cheeks were blushing because I felt them burning.

"I should be getting back to my room..." I started.

"I'll walk you to your room," Ethan said.

We walked to my room.

"I'll see you in the morning Violet," Ethan said when we reached my door.

I put my hand on his chest.

"Keep the kiss between us. And Goodnight," I said.

We smiled.

"Of course. Goodnight," he stated.

And with that he walked away. I stepped into my room and closed the door.