Chapter 1

I slurped. I was sloppy. I sipped. He didn't scream. I didn't stop. I didn't slow. I slurped more. He was too stunned by me. By my beauty. He was empty of blood. My hair was tangled. And blood was smeared all over the bottom of my face.

"Are you a fledgling?" Someone asked.

I looked up and saw a guy standing a few feet away. I wiped the blood off my chin with the back of my hand.

"No," I spoke.

He studied me. He probably saw blond tangled hair. His gray eyes stared into my green eyes.

"You're ... No it can't be... You're an angel," he breathed.

"I was an angel," I corrected him.

His eyes widened.

"But how are you a vampire?" He asked.

"You're never going to believe me," I said.

"Try me," he said.

_______

It was a cloudy day. And it was windy. My head lay in the My boyfriends lap. We were pretending to be mere mortals today. He stroked my hair and combed my hair with his fingers.

"God will get mad once he finds out where we are," I said.

"Who says he'll find out?" He said.

I was a goodie two shoes and I didn't like breaking any rules God had set for us. I was his favorite angel. He spoiled me and let me have my own human cohorts when I was lonely or sad.

"You're so beautiful, " my boyfriend said with his melodic voice.

"I wish I could live in this moment forever," I said.

"We could you know. If we chose lucifer," he said.

"Don't say that!"" I said in a hushed whisper.

"Okay," he said.

"God would say it's selfish to want to live in this moment forever," I said.

My boyfriend was a daredevil and he tested his limits. He argued frequently argued with God.

"We should go," he said.

I nodded.

We started walking. He found some wild flowers and wove them into a flower crown for me.

"Thank you," I whispered.

We stopped walking. He caressed my face. He held me in an embrace and I leaned in. Our lips met in a kiss.

_______

"What's your name?" He asked me.

"Violet," I answered. "What's your name?"

"Ethan," he stated.

I stood up.

"Come back with me to the institute," he stated more than asked. 

"I'm fine," I said.

"I'll get you clean clothes and a bath," he said. "Then maybe you can tell me how it happened."

He looked sincere. 

"Okay," I said.

I looked down at myself and saw dirt all over my jeans. There was grime under my nails. And my lips were stained with red.
_________

"Jessamine is pretty close to your size. I got some of her old clothes for you. The restroom is the last door at the end of the hall on left," Ethan said.

I nodded.

"Thanks," I murmured.

I grabbed the clothes and walked to the restroom.
I took a bath and used a lavender soap. I scrubbed my body. And I scrubbed my head with shampoo.

I finished. And I grabbed a towel to dry off. I put on the under garments. I put on the shirt which fit perfectly. But the skinny jeans were a bit too long so I tucked it so that it looked folded. I changed my socks but kept my ratty converse.

I opened the door and saw a tall black haired girl with a pale complexion compared to mine. She was pale as paper. She wore mascara that made her eyelashes look longer and fuller. She also wore a black coat, a scarf, and boots. Her cheeks were red from being outside in the wind. She looked like she had stepped off a runway for fall models.

"So you're the Angel girl?" She asked.

"I was an Angel," I corrected her.

She pressed her cheery red glossed lips together. She seemed a bit skeptical.

"I'm Jessamine," she stated.

"I'm Violet," I said.

"Ethan is waiting for you in the library," she pointed out.

"Can you take me?" I asked.

"Well duh."

Ethan sat at a round table in the middle of the room. He looked up and raised an eyebrow.

"Took you long enough, I was afraid that I would have to start a conversation with myself," he said sarcastically.

Jessamine smiled.

"So tell us...how did you become a vampire?" Ethan asked while he stared into my eyes.

__________________________
Disclaimer
This a work of fiction and is not affiliated with any religion. The characters are all a work of fiction. Any one mentioned in the story is not real. This is solely from my imagination and is pure fantasy.
________________________