Chapter 3

Someone knocked on the institute door. Jessamine went to answer the door. She opened it to whom I assumed were Edward and his sister. Ethan and I sat in the kitchen. Jessamine was walking towards the kitchen with Edward and his sister.

They walked in.

I saw a young man with golden hair and blue eyes. A face so familiar I could find it in a large crowd.

"But your dead," I whispered in a voice a mortal couldn't hear.

Edward gave no sign the sign that he heard what I said.

I looked to his sister. Her blond hair was in perfect ringlets.

"Are you guys going to stay over?" Ethan asked.

"No we're just visiting," the blonde said.

"You guys should sleep over! We could have a slumber party! What do you say Ava?" Jessamine asked very excitedly.

"Oh alright," Ava stated.

Jessamine squealed.

"But tonight we're all going out because I got an invitation to Charlotte's Party," Ava said.

"Oh my God! How?" Jessamine asked.

"I know a guy," Ava said mysteriously.

___________

"You are not wearing those jeans!" Jessamine protested.

"It's just a party," I said.

"You'll stick out," jessamine said.

"She's right you know. You'll stick out like that time that I paraded in New York with antlers on my head wearing nothing but my boxers. You'd be surprised what a faerie will do when you break up with them," Ethan pointed out.

"Fine. Fix me up fairy godmother," I sighed.

"What's a fairy godmother?" Jessamine asked not understanding the reference.

"You know from cinderella," I said.

"Cinder Ella?" Jessamine asked incredulously.

"It doesn't matter," I said.

We went into her room. And jessamine rummaged through her closet. She tossed some clothes behind her.

"Try this on," she said.

She tossed me a black lace dress.

It was small and thin.

"This is barely gonna cover everything up," I said.

The dress was going to show my shoulders and the neckline was deeply cut. But nonetheless I tried it on.

"You look gorgeous!" exclaimed Jessamine.

I looked at my reflection.

My hair was down.

"Let me do your hair," jessamine said.

I sat on her bed.

She sat behind me and started to comb my hair.

"Your hair is beautiful," jessamine said in awe.

"I think your hair is beautiful. My hair is pale and boring in comparison," I admitted.

"How was it like to be an angel?" Jessamine asked softly.

I thought for a moment.

"Being an angel was amazing. The world was beautiful and infinite. I was free to go wherever I wanted. I was God's favorite and he spoiled me. God was a father to me," I said.

"Did you have a boyfriend?" Jessamine asked.

"Yes, but he's dead," I stated.

"There I finished. Ta da!" Jessamine said.

I looked at myself in the mirror and my hair was pretty.

My hair had been put into a bun. Jessamine had made two small braids to cover the hair tie and to make it look like they were holding the bun together.  I had a few loose strand by my face making the look a bit messy.

I borrowed some of Jessamines black high heels.

"One last touch," Jessamine said. "Make up."

She held up a brush.

She put powder on my face. Then she put a bit of  pink powder. She also put a black liquid on my eyelids.

"Are you done yet?" I asked.

"No and stay still," she said.

Ava walked in.

"Are you guys ready yet? Ethan is getting annoyed," Ava stated.

"Not yet," Jessamine said.

Jessamine added a few final touches. Then she held up a red solid tube to my face. She coated my lips with it.

"All done!" Jessamine exclaimed.

___________

We all walked behind Ava.

"Are you sure it's this way?" Edward asked.

"Positive," Ava confirmed.

We continued walking.

"It's this house," Ava said.

We all looked at the house that stood before us. It was big, a mansion. But there was definitely no sound coming out of it.

"There's no noise coming from it," Jessamine stated what we were all thinking.

"Charlotte could have charmed it," Ethan pointed out.

"Let's go inside," I stated.