Chapter 12: flashbacks

((A/N yes, I haven't updated a chapter in over a month. I had major writers block and no inspiration, I had ideas for a chapter but I didn't want to disappoint to disappoint y'all.))

Chanyeols POV

I stuck my key in the lock, turning it and opening the door. "I'm home!" I announced my return and the help rushed towards where I was, bowing, kissing me, greeting me as usual. I noticed a certain someone wasn't here to join the rest in my praise.

"Where's Baekhyun?"I asked, the maids fiddling with their dresses and such.

"We aren't sure, he hasn't came downstairs all day. He didn't help us today either." Yuri answered, the rest nodding in agreement with her.

"What?! He didn't?! The boys going to get a punishment." I marched up the hall and uk the stair case, belt in hand. I opened the door where'd I left him last night. I saw he was no longer there, only the remains of what had happened last night.

I felt myself getting angrier by the moment, slamming the door shut and walking through the house to check the rest of the rooms. I clenched my fists after seeing he wasn't in the house, punching a hole in one of the walls infuriated. "Where the fuck is he?!" I shouted

I slid down the wall, bringing my knees to my chest and screaming.

-15 years earlier, 3rd person POV-

9 year old Chanyeol was curled up in the corner, his knees to his chest as he started to sob again. He was locked in the attic of his family's mansion once again after refusing his sister and parents.

The 9 year old quickly wiped his tears away from his face once hearing footsteps. He sat up straight, the sound of a lock being taken off of the door and it being opened carefully. There stood his sister, 12 year old Taeyeon.

"Oh, Channie." Taeyeon spoke in a soft voice, but he knew better than to trust it. Taeyeon kneeled down to where he was sat, using her finger to push his chin up gently and face the tween. Taeyeon used her thumb, wiping the salty, fresh tears from her brothers face and licking it off.

The young boy sniffled, looking at his older sister with worry evident in his large, childish eyes. "You can't keep resisting, why can't you just go and do it like the rest of our family? You have dried tears. God, you're so pathetic. It's the family business."
She was referring to what'd been in their family for many, many years. It was sex trafficking, children and sometimes adults. Chanyeol didn't want any part in it, he found it cruel and inhumane.

"You're weak!" Taeyeon started to shout, dragging Chanyeol by the collar of his shirt out of the attic and kicking him down the stairs. Chanyeol yelped, holding his side to where he'd been kicked and trying not to start crying again.

"Don't you dare start crying, you're a burden upon this god damn family. Get up!" Taeyeon continued to yell, walking down the steps where her youngest brother was lying on the floor of the hallway helplessly.

Chanyeol got up from the hallway, looking straight ahead and screaming in shock. There in front of him were boys and girls even younger than him, locked in cages. Some were older, all of them were barely clothed and had cuts, bruises, you name it on them.

Chanyeol looked back at his sister pleading, he knew what she wanted him to do but he didn't want to. "Chanyeol." His sister said sternly, leaning over him to grab a whip off the shelf.

"I don't want to-" he mumbled.

"Do it! Or I'll lock you in the attic again and make sure you don't eat for a week." She threatened

Chanyeols tummy was already growling from the previous punishment, he'd spent countless nights in the dark attic all by himself while something sinister went on down here.

He couldn't yell for his parents, they were no better. The couple were the ones that lured the children and brought them here! He had a sick, sick family.

Finally, Chanyeol took the whip and Taeyeon grinned. "Pick one." She said in a more calm voice, still scary even if she wasn't yelling. Taeyeon was so different than she appeared, seeming shy and gentle but she was the exact opposite of that.

Chanyeol shut his eyes, pointing randomly and it landing on a girl  who looked to be around 16 or so. She looked at Chanyeol with pleading eyes, backing up in her cage desperately.

Chanyeol moved towards her, whip in hand. "I'm sorry.." He whispered, Taeyeon taking the lock off the cage and dragging the young girl out. "I'm so sorry" he said quietly before slinging the whip in her direction, giving her a few lashes and himself wincing when he heard a mixture of sounds showing she was in pain.

"Good boy." Taeyeon laughed, looking at the bloody mess Chanyeol had been forced to create.

-----------

((A/N  hiiii, I'm sorry this is fucked up. Now y'all see why Chanyeols like this. Sorrrryyyy, I may haves watched flowers in the attic again last night. I hope you guys like it! Also, comment where you live! I live in Florida, USA :).  Last episode of YOI comes out today..)