iv.

Dear You,

  You've been doing alright. I can see it in Your eyes. What disappoints me the most however is how You're caught up in who You wish You were and the person You are. However, You don't seem to realize a few things.

   Firstly, You're not as horrible as You want to believe. You make good grades, have friends, two parents that adore You, and all the items You could ask for. You may not be the friendliest or the prettiest, but You're You. You've impacted so many peoples' lives, and You just don't want to think that.

The thing that bothers me is, You're actually pretty interesting. You dream up unimaginable scenarios, procrastinate Your homework, and don't think I didn't catch You rolling Your eyes at another one of his lectures. You want to have fun, You don't know how. You like six spoonfuls of sugar in Your coffee. You belong on the other side of the world. You're too insecure. You're scared if You get close to someone, they'll just hurt You like She did. You can't see the smile You bring with Your complements and kindness. And don't think I don't notice the frown that etches itself on Your face when you drag Yourself to the mirror.

To be honest, I don't know a lot about You. I don't see You the same as others would. I wish I could. You have dreams, big ones at that. I don't want to get in the way.

So, I know you've been interested in time capsule. Well, I want You to reread this once you achieve those goals. I know You can do it. And You know it too.

Wouldn't it just be considered strange to talk to Yourself?

Puzzled,

Me