The Worst Best Entrance Ever

Alex's POV

Another art class, another day on working on this stupid poster. Rian was the most useless partner ever. You see, he was the math/science kid, while I was the more arty kid. Sure, he could play the drums, but that was about it. He had good grades and actually still cared about school. But he just couldn't do art. It was getting pretty frustrating.

Luckily, Ash and Lianne were still sitting in the same spot as all the other times. So I could still freely stare at Ash by just looking up. It would just look like I was staring ahead, but I was actually watching the most beautiful girl in the world. At least her partner was also drawing and working on the poster. Rian did his best, but it just didn't work out. But Ash just looked so cute when she was drawing. Occasionally her hair would fall in front of her face and she'd calmly push it back, not taking her pencil or eyes off the paper. Then she would also sometimes smile after Lianne would say something. Observing this girl was just so amazing.

"You know, maybe we should just print out a picture of Ash and stick it on," Rian brought me out of my daydream.

"Why would we do that?" I continued drawing the cartoon boy on the left side of the paper.

"Because you were just staring at her for ten minutes straight," Rian shrugged and watched me doodle.

"So what?" I scoffed.

"Just ask her out already!" He whisper-shouted and nudged me.

I rolled my eyes and started coloring in between the black lines, "well, she doesn't like me back. So there's no point."

"How are you so sure about that?"

"She literally told me. I was even able to tell her how I felt about the whole situation without saying it was about her. I thought it was pretty obvious I was talking about her, but she didn't seem to notice. She even gave me advice, like what the fuck!"

"So, just follow her advice and see where it takes you," Rian told me like I hadn't thought of it myself.

"That's what I'm doing," I groaned, not wanting to talk about this anymore.

"So she told you to be a stalker and creep from a distance?"

"No, you dipshit! Start off being friends and then see if I still like her and see if she likes me. After getting to know me better, she might feel the same way."

"Oh... yeah. I'm pretty sure things will turn out ok. I mean-"

"Wooo! Harper!" The girl with the blush pink hair, and the one with the beautiful dark blonde hair screamed out.

I looked up to see the two girls clapping for their friend who had just entered the classroom to get some art supplies for another class. People around them also looked up and started giggling. It must have been the best entrance Harper had ever made.