Epilogue

Rain fell freely from the dull, grey clouds that covered the sky like a thick sheet of blanket. Today was the funeral of a fellow comrade who not only brought strength to the village but also a sense of pride and familiarity to Konoha.

Today was the funeral of Kira Hajime.

Although not many people had attended. Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno and Kakashi Hatake of tem seven attended with the support of the young Haruno's parents by her side as she shed tears for her fallen comrade.

Team Asuma, Team Gai and Team Kurenai also came along to the funeral. Some of Kira's old classmates from the academy came as well including the ones she hated.

Naruto was balling his eyes out, with the familiar feeling of guilt that fee led his chest. He sniffed and let the mourning sky to soak his shirt, his hair; his clothes.

"I'm so sorry" he kept repeating to himself as if she could hear him. Naruto's voice was strained and rough. His eyes were puffy and red with a runny nose to complete the mourning face.

Kakashi was no better. After hearing her death he fell silent and himself out from the rest of the world just like he did with his old team. 'I failed yet again.' No matter what people told him, Kakashi only stuck to his thoughts; blaming himself for not being able to protect a fellow student. He was now left with three.

Sakura cried softly as she held a white rose in her hand. From what she had heard, Kira had stepped in between Naruto and Sasuke in order to save them from each other. Sakura suddenly began to think of all the times her and Kira would argue, when Kira told her how weak she was, when she told Kira how weak she was. When in reality, Sakura knew that Kira was a lot stronger than her. In fact, Sakura envied her only female team member. From her strength to her beauty to her strong personality. It was something Sakura had wanted for a long time.

Words were spoken and exchanged. Some were funny, some were tearful until the funeral was finally over and soon everyone made their way home.

Naruto was stood at the headstone of Kira.

"Why?" He whispered as curiosity filled inside of him.

"Why did you do it? Why did you get in between us? WHY?!?"

Naruto's voice began to rise as he began to let his anger seep through. Clenching his fists, Naruto fell to his knees, not caring if he got his pants dirty or wet.

“If you hadn't gotten in between us then we wouldn't be in this situation. Kakashi-Sensei is blaming himself for not being able to protect us, Sakura Chan won't admit it but she misses you, she's been crying ever since she heard the news. Team 7 isn't same without you. Even after what you did back there, I wasn't able to bring Sasuke back. Nothing is going to be the same now that you're gone Kira-Chan.”

His words caused the sky to cry more and more. Clouds began to to spread slowly. Naruto looked up and stared at the headstone with the name ‘Kira Hajime’ engraved into it.

~~~~

Somewhere hidden in the forest stood a dark,  hooded figure. They watched the funeral unravel and slowly come to an end, a sigh escaped their lips.

“Where did you hide the body?” They asked. The figure knew that Kira was indeed alive but in critical condition, this brought up a plan of changing the memories of Kira a bit and turning into the weapon that had been desired for awhile.

“Right where you requested. Shall I start the procedure now?” The young masked man bowed and kept his hid down down in respect of his leader.

The hooded figure neatly brought his hands to his back and cupped them together in a thoughtful motion.

“Not yet, we have a special guest coming coming here in a few days time who will do it.” They explained. The masked man grunted and replied with a quick ‘hai’ before being dismissed and heading back to ‘headquarters’

“Soon I will be able to start my plan. But first let's start with this wretched village.”

A/N: Book 2 is finally here! Sorry that it's really short, atm I am on my time of the month (Girls, you know what I mean.) And I am constantly helping my dad out with the family business...school is starting in two weeks so I have to prepare for that which is a pain, I also have to go to school for a 'club' if you can call it that. It's for poly fest a.k.a Polynesian festival that happens once once a year here in NZ. Anyway hope you will enjoy this book and everything goes well. Have a great day!!