Chapter 8

It was no secret that the conversation Kagami and Shino were having was highly confidential however Neji couldn't help but listen in. After all, it was his team who fought with her and witnessed her power first hand. However Neji knew that if they wanted to get Lady Tsunade on board, they would need a lot of convincing to do, very good reasoning and support on their side. This task was risky and very dangerous.

For the past two and a half years, it was said that Kira was responsible for the death of many innocent lives of very powerful people, some of which had a connection to the Akatsuki. The said criminal organization we're not to be taken lightly, especially now since he found out one of them were able to wipe Kira's memory clean and take complete control over her.

A voice interrupted the Hyuga male from his thoughts. "We know you're there Neji-san. Please, there is no need to continue hiding, you are more than welcome to join us."

Neji hesitated for a second before heaving a sigh and making himself known to the two as they glanced in his direction. A nod of acknowledgement had been exchanged from both parties as soon as Neji placed himself next to Kagami.

~Time Skip~

Itachi silently watched the girl as she sat in the chair with her sweaty clothes sticking to her as she panted in pain, no doubt the jutsu Itachi did on her had not only taken a toll on her mentally but also physically.

As he lurked in the shadows of the dark, Itachi began to contemplate whether or not if what he was doing was the right thing to do. He saved her from dying, since the time she walked into Sasuke's life and brought out something Itachi himself hadn't seen in a long time it was then that the older one of the uchiha brothers made a decision. That decision was to let Naruto and Kira -or as the Akatsuki know her, Ayame- take care of Sasuke. Maybe they could help him become a hero, find a new light, a new purpose, a new beginning.

Itachi Uchiha was desperate. Desperate to keep his brother away from the same life he has, the life of a criminal. However bringing Kira into the Akatsuki made matters worse since she was a key to pulling Sasuke out of the darkness he was trapped in. She was under the control of the Akatsuki and it was all because he wanted to train her as a debt to her deceased mother who had trained him in his time as a Konoha shinobi. After teaching her everything he knew all Itachi wanted was for her to be safe and in the gates of his home village.

"Let her rest before I assign her for her next mission, Itachi. Make sure nothing happens or there will be consequences."

Without another word, Itachi carried Kira to her room just like Pein had instructed and laid her gently on her bed. He noticed her shivering body and placed a blanket over her before he fetched a small cloth and rinsed it in cold water before he wiped the sweat off of her burning skin. He would do anything to get her out.

Ayame shifted in her bed as a soft groan of pain slipped through her chapped lips, the genjutsu was taking its effects on her more so now than ever. He could see the jutsu would soon progress into slowly killing her if used constantly.

Another innocent life he would have taken.

~Time Skip~

It has been exactly six days since Neji, Kagami and Shino had their conversation regarding the 'dead' kunoichi and in those past six days the two jounin and chunin were somehow able to convince Lady Tsunade to rally up a few high ranking shinobi to bring their Kira home. Where she belonged.

It was a matter of who should join and who will. They knew this wasn't going to be easy however the three of them were determined to make this work.

"I highly suggest we take Kakashi Sensei. He's more than capable of fighting off the other Akatsuki members and he has the sharingan. He may be our most reliable ally we have." Neji spoke out.

The three continued to discuss plans until they came to a final conclusion of who to take.

Shino then pulled out a scroll with inscriptions that were unfamiliar to him. "I found this last night. It has Kira and Kagami's clan symbol on it, why? I'm not too sure however I do have a hunch on what it's about and whatever it is, it might help us with bringing her back."

Kagami hesitantly pulled to mysterious scroll towards him, he'd seen something like this before. A long time ago, but they were rare. Even in his clan, his parents would talk about it every once in a while.

"This is an important scroll that could only be obtained by a Hajime clan member. If I may ask Shino-san, how is it that you've obtained this?"

Shino peered at the tall jounin as he released a sigh. "I just found it on my doorstep this morning when I was getting ready to come here. Who brought it to me? That's something I haven't found out yet but I believe that whoever sent this to me wants Kira back as well. Maybe this might be the key to help her remember again.." With curious eyes, Neji decided to use his byakugan to see what was in the scroll.

"I can't see what's in the scroll. There must be some sort of barrier jutsu." He noted as he deactivated his unique visual prowess.

Kagami nodded in reply and began to examine the scroll. "Of course, it was sealed by none other than the Uzumaki clan. Many years ago before the five great narions came to be, the Uzumaki clan and the Hajime clan made an alliance together. My clan would provide the help the Uzumaki clan needed wherever they needed be and the same would go the other way around. Eventually when the scrolls were made, the Hajime clan didn't want anyone to see so they asked the members of the Uzumaki clan to create a sealing technique so strong that no one but them could break it." Kagami sighed and leaned back into his seat as he waited for his two friends to process the newly found information in.

"Your clan is more secretive than I thought Kagami." Neji spoke while Shino grunted in agreement.

Kagami scoffed with a smirk. "We all have our secrets Neji-San."