Ch. 2 Willfull Angel

Ch. 2 Willful Angel

“Shadows.” I whispered.

                The sun was setting, leaving pink and orange streaks amongst the quickly fading blue of the sky.

                For some strange reason, I wanted to tell the woman sitting before me a great many things that I had seen.

                Love.

                Dreams.

                Mercy.

                Death.

                But I knew she wouldn’t understand.

                Humans never could comprehend the world that I saw, and how fast time passed on. Or heaven. How whenever I passed by its gates, how I felt this truly, truly wonderful feeling of joy that I could never express in words. It was…glorious. Holy. But then as soon as I past the gates the joy would fade away, and I was an emotionless Shadow again. There was also a hell, but I had seen its gates only once. And it was horrifying. Like acid burning through your insides. Forever and ever. The cries of the damned echoing in your mind.

One Simple Fact:

There is a heaven and there is a hell. Believe me. If you don’t, then some day when I find you and bring you to Judgment, then you will see.

                It was a very complicated story, the world that humans are sometimes unaware of. Yet sometimes, a few will understand that we are here. So is God. And so is Satan.

                So I began with that one word.

                Shadows.

                And I began to tell her.

                Evelyn Arousela never took her eyes off of me for one second.

                “Shadows are the people who carry souls into Judgment, or the world between heaven or hell.” I said.

                “Are you angels?” she asked.

                “No.”

                “Are you demons?”

                “We are neither.” I said. “We are simply Shadows. Not humans. Not angels. Not demons. Not anything. We are the people who carry souls to Judgment…”

One Side Note:

It took me twelve hours to explain to Evelyn my world.

                Afterwards, I watched Evelyn. “Well? Do you fully understand?”

                She slowly nodded and continued to watch me. Like she had been every single minutes since we began this discussion.

                “I…I never knew.” She simply said. Suddenly Evelyn glanced at me, tilting her head slightly. “So, you can never die?”

                I nodded.

                She pursed her lips, tucked her knees under her chin, and said, “You must be so lonely.”

                I smiled and shook my head sadly. “No. Shadows never experience human emotions like you humans do. We simply carry out our job. But now that I think about it, I was lonely. I simply never noticed.”