Chapter Two

"Alex honey, we are here." Cindy woke me from my sleep. I looked around and noticed we were parked in front of a house.

"Is this his house." I asked shockingly. The house was beuatiful it isnt big but its not small either. Its the perfect size.  It looks like a mans house though because there is no flowers in the yard or any outside decoration.

"Are you ready for this?" Cindy asked me. I took a deep breath and nodded my head. Cindy got out of the car and stated walking towards the door. She stopped when she realised that i wasn't alking with her. She walked back to the car and opened the door. 

"I-i-i-i I can't do this. Why can't i just go to juvy." I said. I'm afriad that seeing him will bring back the memries of my mother that i have tried so hard to keep out of my mind. 

"Oh come on you will be fine. Grab your bag and lets go." Cindy said.  she grabbed m arm and pulled me out of the car and then gave me my bag. Cindy linked her arm through mine and pulled me towards the door. She knocked on it. The door opened and a tall man that shared the same eyes light baby blue eyes as me replaced it. He has dark brown short hair and a little stubble on his chin.

"Alexandrea, Cindy, I've been waiting all day for you to get here. I'm so glad you are here."He siad. I had to hold myself back frm rlling my eyes becuase i did promise Cindy that i would at least try and be nice to him. 

"Please come in i willl show you around the house." He said stepping out of the door way and letting us walk in. I gaped at how neat the house looked, i was expecting it to be some sort of messy but no it is clean. Me and Cindy shared surprised looks. He chuckled. 

"So John, where will Alex be sleeping?" CIndy asked professionally. Her job is to make sure this will be a safe and comfortable environment for me. 

"I will show you downstairs first then we will go upstairs so i can show you her room." He said. Cindy nodded in approval. This is the living room to your left and to the right is the kitchen. He walked into the living room and opened a door, this is the basement that we typically use to watch football and game nights. That door is the bathroom. And here is upstairs." He said as he started walking up the stairs. He walked down to the end of the hall and turned right then stopped and opened a door. "And this is your room, Alexandrea." John said.Cindy peered into the room. 

"Oh, my this is nice." She said. I walked arounnd her and into my room. It is nice. The bed is a pretty good size and it has a plum purple bed spread with black pillows. There is two doors, one i am assumming is a bathroom and the other a closet. In the corner is anice desk and then on the other side?of the room is a guitar and a keyboard. How did he know i played?

"Well i will let you look aroung while i continue to show cindy around oh and if a boy comes in here, don't worry he is just coming to fix the shelf in the closet." John said. I nodded my head and watched as he walked away. I sat my bag on the bed and grabbed the picture of my mom and i out of it. The glass was crack becuase one of the foster families that i stayed with son threw it up agianst the wall. I sat it on the nightstand beside the bed and decided to look at the broken shelf that john was talking about. I walked over and opened one of the doors to see that it was the bathroom. I opened the other door to see a big walk in close filled with clothes, shoes and accessories. Okay so maybe moving in with him isnt so bad after all. I walked over to the shelf and expected it finding the prblem right away the screw on the bottom was loose which was causing the shelf to wiggle and tilt. I noticed the bags of tools and went through it finding a screwdriver. I screwed the screw back in and made sure the shelf was sturd then i bt the few boxes that were n the floor nt the shelf. Then i walked out of the closet.

I sat down on the bed and pulled out my song book and walked over to the keyboard. I haven't played since the night i was told my mom died. I sat down at the key board and opened my song book to the song my mom and i had just finished before she died, we were just working on the lyrics and since she died i never finished it. I started playing and humming along with the tune. The notes ran from my finger tips like magic. It felt so good to finally play. I finished the song and sat there for a minute admiring what i had just played then decided to get up. But when i went to get up my foot got caught on the bench and i fell. 

"Real graceful Alex, God can i be any clumsier." I scolded myself. 

"You know talking to yourself is usually the first sign to going crazy." A vioce said. Then a guys face appearred right above my head. 

"Well welcome to crazy land becuase you havent met cazy till you have met this girl." I joked. He chuckled and his amazingly blue eyes lit up and sparkled. They are jst about as blue as the carribbean sea. I feel as if i could get lost in them forever. And the way he has his dirty blonde hair cropped to the side makes him look perfect

"Well, my names Daniel, I'm guessing you are Alex seeing that that is what you called yourself when you fell." He laughed extending a hand to help me up. 

"Oh no thats the name of my evil twin." I said. "You see she and i have ths connection and i can tell when she does something, well she just robbed a bank so i was distracted by that so much that i fell down." I said sarcastically as Daniel helped me up. He shook his head and laughed.

"You are something else Alex." He chuckled and soon i joined in. "So I'm here to fix the closet shelf." Daniel said. 

"Oh um, it doesn't need fixxing." I said. 

"Yes it does. It wouldn't hold anything on it earlier without it tilting." He said. 

"Yes i know that." I said. "I fixed it, i hope you don't mind. It was just a loose screw." I shrugged my shoulders. He looked at me as if i were dumb. "If you don't believe me then g test it out yourself." I said. He walked into the closet.

"Well danm." I heard him mumble. "How did you find the loose screw?" He asked. 

"Well, you see it's this little thing called opening your eyes and using them." I said sarcastically. 

"Okay, smartass," He joked. I laughed. "Well i guess since you took my job you can hang out with me." He said. I shrugged my shoulders.  

"Fine, lets hang out." I sat down on my bed. "Tell me about yourself, Mr. Handy Mandy." I said sitting cross legged patting the place in front of me.