Chapter Four

"Alex, what I said, earlier, i-i didn't mean it. I'm sorry." He apoligized. I looked down at my clasped hands and didn't say anything. "You can go to the bonfire tonight, but I would like us to spend time together some time." He said. I remained silent and didn't look up. He sighed out of fustraion and stood up. "You know you have to put and effort towards this to." He said then he walked out of my room. I sighed and laid back on my bed. What if i don't want to put an effort towards this? I got up and walked over to my window and opened it. I looked out of it and tried to figure out a way to climb up to the roof. I stepped ou on he end of the window seal pulled myslef up onto the roof. 

I don't know if i can do this. John obvioulsy doesn't want me to be here. I brought my knees to my chest. 

"Alex, what are you doing?" I looked down to see Derek leaning out of the window from the house beside mine. 

"Im sitting on the roof, what are you doing?" I asked. 

"I'm in my room." He chuckled. 

"You are my neighbor?" I asked, He nodded, "And apparently my window buddy too." I said. Note to self, don't change near that window. 

"So the bon fire starts at five and its four, so what do you say, you go get ready and we can walk there." Derek said. I sat there for a few minutes thinking about his proposal and then i nodded my head in agreement. 

"Should i wear a bathing suit?" I asked. 

"Um, yeah that would be a good idea, some guys get carried away and decide to throw girls in the water." Derek said. 

"If a guy throws me in the water without my permission i will castrate him." I said as i started to ease my way down the roof.  I turned around and dangled from the top of the roof then swang my body into my room through the window. 

"Holy crap,Alex dont do that agian!" Daniel explianed. I gave him a questioning look. "You could have missed the window." He yelled. I laughed and shook my head. 

"You my friend, need to loosen up." I chuckled. He rolled his eyes and shook his head. 

"Just go get dressed so we can go." He said. 

"Sir, yes, sir" I saluted him. He shook his head and made a shooing motion with his hand. I skipped over to my closet and looked through the clothes finding two bathing suits, a black bikini and a purple one. I grabbed the balck one, then i grabbed the black cover up. I changed quickly into that and then i put my hair into a briad and ran down stairs. Daniel was sitting in the living room waiting for me. 

"So is this proper bon fire wear?" I asked twirling around so he could see the outfit that is was wearing. Daniel's mouth was hanging open. His eyes were raking over my body. I shifted uncomfortable and cleared my throat. 

"Uh, yea, it's um perfect." He said taking  deep breath. I laughed. 

"Well are we going then?" I asked. 

"Oh, yeah, uh lets go." He said but he didn't move , i shook my head and grabbed his arm pulling him out of the door.

"Close your mouth before you catch flies." I snapped. He immediatly closed his mouth and smirked at me, probably trying to come up with a snarky comeback. "So where are we going?" I ask. 

"To the beach." He answered. I rolled my eyes. 

"I know that you dingus, i mean which way." I snapped playfully. He laughed. 

"Oh we are going to cross the street then take a left." He explianed. I nodded. "So what is the deal with you and John?" 

"What do you mean?" I asked.