six || real life

february 11th 2023
__________

"anyway enough about that! how are you it feels like we haven't talked in forever!" liz grinned, as she and askia sat across from each other at a random cafe.

askia shrugged, eating a mouthful of the pasta she'd ordered.

"not much i guess, i got a new job," she mumbled.

"tell me!" liz squealed, staring at her friend.

"it's a leo smith movie, i got the lead!" she smiled, and liz gasped.

"oh my god! that's amazing he's a filmmaking genius! chris must be so proud!" she exclaimed, eating some of her salad.

"he doesn't know," askia responded quietly, causing elizabeth to choke.

"what? why not!" she asked, before drinking her water.

"it's in australia," she started. "for six months,"

"fuck askia! you have to tell him!" liz took her hand.

"i know!" she sighed. "i wanted to talk to him about it but i had to make my mind up then and there!"

"it doesn't start shooting until november so i have time to tell him! i just don't know how!" she groaned, placing her hands over her face.

"who else knows?"

"just you!" askia mumbled.

"well, i'm honoured you told me first, but it should've been your husband! he's going to be heartbroken!"

askia groaned again.

"i know! i know! don't remind me!"

"promise me you'll tell him soon, just don't leave it until you're practically moving out of the country!"

"i won't, i promise!"