Chapter 15: N for Neverland

After 7 dress shops, 5 shoe stores, and a stop at Kay's Jewellers, (for a bracelet, silly!) my legs felt like jello and my arms started cramping from the weight of the bags, even though Joby was caring most of them by the dozens. But it was the most fun I had since the day Dad and I went to SeaWorld and swam with the dolphins.

We were walking along the stretch of a long hallway in the Cascade Mall that stretched for what seemed like eternity while he made some cheesy joke that I think I may have laughed at. But man, was I tired. Who knew dress shopping would be this hard? I don't know if I'm such a fan; but right then, the world seemed to stop as my eyes caught hold of the most beautiful gift God had ever created.

The perfect aquamarine dress was on mannequin in a store front window while it mocked me and my desire to have it. The black lace sleeves stretched down to the mannequins wrist and was embroidered with roses while the dress hugged the plastic body tightly; a large, black leather belt that stretched all the around while black beads were lined on the hem that should end just below my butt.

I WANT YOU! I WANT TO WEAR YOU! I screamed on the inside while I ran to the store that was screaming my name. Joby groaned besides me, hearing a thud of the bags next to a potted tree I ran faster, but he chased me down until his arms scooped my legs from under me bridal style chuckling. I squealed as he readjusted me in his arms, noticing that his hand was low on my back, a little too close to my bum. But maybe it was just me. And even though I'm not the biggest and best socialite, I'm 1000% sure this is like, breaking all of the laws in the Book of Friendship...

"Bagel-booooo." He cried like a child as he frowned; even managing to stomp his foot while we walked over to our bags,He picked them up as we walked away from the perfect dress and to the nearest bench. "Joby-kins is tired and wants to go hommme." He hung his head down, a guy in a vibrant green beanie giving us weird looks as he walked into Hot Topic that screeched with loud screams of lyrics-no, not lyrics, just screaming- as the drums pounded heavily.

I leaned my head back and viewed the world from upside down, giggling as the world bounced with every step he took but then frowned as the dress that mocked me with my desire to have it was getting farther and farther away from my grasp.

I groaned. "But Bagel-boo wants that dress-"

I lean back up in his grip as I caught him staring at down me-at my neck exactly- from the corner of his eyes. But his eyes didn't avert away, instead he turned his head towards me as I reached out to attempt to crumple his hair that was just so perfect and tempting. He held in his breath as he stopped walking, watching me with an emotion I couldn't name. I ran my hand through his soft locks of black hair and smiled my most dazzling-est smile, adding the batting of the eyelashes for more affect.

I leaned in to his ear, my lips brushing his earlobe as I whispered. "Bagel-boo really wants that dress."

He blinked once. Twice. Three times as I leaned back to see his reaction. He swallows then grins. "Then Bagel-boo shall have it."

He exhaled a puff of air from his puckered doll-like lips then suddenly swung my legs around his body to twist me onto his back. I wrapped my arms around his neck for safety and lay my head against his shoulder, snuggling deep inside the curve of his neck for protection. "Agh-what! Hey! I thought we were going to go get the dress!" I pounded my fists on his back.

He laughed as I wrapped my legs around his stomach that rumbled. "We are. But I thought that those little legs of yours needed a break."

"Thanks," I mumbled, not knowing if that should he a cute thing or something that should have offended me. But come on, I'm not that short you guys!