10.the castle

Home is where you find peace.

.....

The castle was just as astonishing as the rest of the kingdom. The one thing I loved about it is it's smell. Fresh grass. Like it just rained.

We were seated in the great hall with king Arthur in front of us. A maid got us fruit juice.

"I know your situation. I've been informed." He said with a nod.

Ava nodded back but dint say anything.

What now? Will he help?

Let's hope so.

"Agnes was like a sister to me. We studied together in the training school. That is when she met Richard and got married having you. You look very much like her, except your hair. Richard left some marks I see. " He chuckled at Ava.

"And you look like both of them, mostly your father. Very beautiful she was, your mother. Just like you." He said looking at me. I've seen mother in the paintings and portraits but listening to someone talk about my parents was the first time. And it made me feel weirdly proud and happy.

"Thank you." I replied formally.

"You must be tired, please rest and we will leave in three days. We need to train you and I know you need Oscar. I will have to train him too. My son's will train you with our dragons and my daughter will help you when needed. I know you are perfect in handling weapons, you wouldn't be needing any help."

"Thankyou very much sir. We owe you." Ava said sounding very grateful.

" Oh don't worry about it. You owe me nothing dear. It was pleasure finally meeting you. I had to conceal my kingdom when your brother Nicholas was born, ofcourse you must have heard my story." He smiled and called his maid to direct us to our rooms.

We thanked the king once again and followed the maid. I felt like he was observing my every move while I walk but I resisted the urge to turn back to check it myself.

I internally shrugged it off and followed Ava.

It seems he has sons. I don't know how many. And I think Scarlett is the only daughter. I informed Zeda.

How are the sons?

I don't know you idiot. And he was also talking about dragon training.

Okay, why do you need dragon training? You already have one.

It seems the dragons are different here. And I guess Ava is planning to use more than our dragons in the war.

Okay. Now take rest. I am sleeping. The gardens are very comfortable.They smell amazing.

Okay take rest. I smiled.

The maid stopped and pointed at a double door and said " this is your chamber princess Avanthra, please do call if you need anything. I am Rose,and I will take care of everything you need." with a curtsy and started walking ahead.

Ava nodded at her muttering a 'thankyou' and smiled at me before going inside her 'chamber'. I followed Rose till further part of the same corridor where she abruptly came to a stop and curtsied.

"This is your chambers princess Astara. You can call me anytime. " She pointed at a double door in front of mine and said "princess Scarlett asked me to inform you that she will be in that chambers when you need her."and smiled to which I nodded.

"Is she in there now?"

"Oh no your highness, princess Scarlett is out and so couldn't recieve you, do you want me to pass the word for you?"

"Oh no, thank you. It's okay. I will just meet her later." I smiled and nodded opening the door.

The chamber was just the way I like it. Exactly like how it was back at home.

Home.

I don't know how eveyone are. I just hope everything is fine and Aiden is holding everyone together.

I wanted to ask Rose about the room next to mine but decided against it. I figured it would be one of the prince's room.

Just as I was about to sit on my bed, someone knocked the door. I opened it immediately and came face to face with two gorgeous blue orbes.

The man was well built, lean with bright blue eyes and dark hair. I assume he is the prince since he is in a royal attire. He looks around 23-24? He is extremely attractive to say the least.

Ofcourse. I thought. Since king Arthur was good looking after all.

He smiled kindly at me and said " I apologize for disturbing you. I am Eric. I stay in the chambers next to you. I am hear to inform that in case of any need, please don't hesitate to ask for help princess Astara. And to inform you that king Aiden has been informed of your arrival here and is assured our support in this war."

I smiled back and said " sure thing prince Eric, please call me Astara. Or even better, just call me Tara. And thankyou very much, I certainly will not hesitate."

"I will meet you later for lunch m'lady, I'm sure you need to rest." He bowed and I smiled curstying.

He left after a wave.

Just met one of the princes'. He was very well mannered and attractive to say the least.

How old is he?

Maybe around Ava's age. And when I called him attractive, that doesn't mean I'm into him. Jeez. Don't use that tone on me. I'm sure he is not a pedophile.

Okay then. Maybe there is someone of your age too?She had a suggestive tone making me roll my eyes.

I don't care. Just sleep Zed.

And then I immediately went to take a shower, because I am sure I reek. It's going to take a while to wash off this stench from my hair.

-Keep reading-
-notme16