Chapter Six: Mercy Man

I saw the sunshine come peeking through the blinds as I opened my eyes and blinked away the sleepiness. Lifting my head up from my curled sleeping position I saw the clock on the nightstand. It read 6:39 AM ...I wasn't ready to get out of bed yet, there was a lazy fatigued feeling even though I know very well I am rested. I would get up soon but..not now, rolling over I came face to face with a sleeping Jason. I was surprised he was still in bed I thought by this time he would be out of the bedroom completely, on his way to eat a big breakfast and head to the company. Putting my finger on his face I glided it along his cheeks, down to his chin until I ran it up to his lips and traced the lines. He sighed deeply in his sleep and instinctively but an arm around my waist pulling me close. I wanted to ignore the warm feelings I started to feel, I tried to revoke all the pain he caused me and feel hurt and angry but I couldn't. I'm convinced this man has not one ounce of mercy in him yet here I am feeling warm because of him. Where is my mind, have I gone mad? Surely. I continued my amorous acts, and tried to remember some of his, so mine wouldn't reveal as strange.

Flashback:
My eyelids tickled as I rested in a dark dreamless abyss, but slowly I started to become aware of my surroundings because of the damned dust tickling my eyelids or whatever it is. Opening my eyes, I was shocked to see Jason so close to my face.

"Good Morning Love." When I blinked he took the chance to kiss one of my eyelids and now I know what felt so ticklish. The kiss was gentle and if I didn't know it was him kissing me, my second association other than dust, would've been a warm breeze. Brushing, and sweeping across lightly.

"What was that for?", I asked.

"Nothing. It's time to wake up." I looked at him with amusing eyes but a strange look.
"And that's how you wake me?"

"Yes."

*End of flashback*

Kissing his eye lids, I watched them flutter open and narrow. He removed the arm he had around me, and rubbed his eyes. "What was that?", he questioned.

I acted clueless, and shrugged one shoulder a bit. "What was what?"

He stopped rubbing his eyes and yawned before replying.
"Nevermind." He said closing his eyes briefly. Reaching closer I hurriedly kissed his eyelids before he could open them.

He look at me, startled. "What was that for?"

"Nothing." I said. "Time to get up. You'll be late for work."

Then, Jason had a look of realization on his face and I could've sworn I saw a small smile capture his lips but it could've been my imagination. One thing I know for sure though from his countenance is, he remembered.

Sitting up on the bed, Jason got up and went to the dresser to pick out under wear before going into the bathroom for a shower. I sat up as well, bringing the strap of my short satin green night gown back up on my shoulder. I have yet to adjust the dreaded thing, Mami bought it a size too big so the straps kept slipping. Too caught up in the silliness of the gown I didn't notice Jason pause in front of the mattress. Putting both hands on the end of the bed he asked "And that's how you wake me?",

I was taken aback by his question...his late question. Pushing the comforter off of me, I swung my feet over the edge of the bed and stood up. Advancing towards him slowly I put my hand on his shoulder almost seductively and whispered in his ear "Yes." Before walking out of the bedroom. Closing the door softly behind me I wore a proud smirk. Oh how I feel the tables are soon gonna turn.