Party Guessed

Lydia is in the shower, and suddenly gets the sense of being watched. She shuts off the water and slowly pulls back the curtain to reveal the lacrosse field and a stand full of fans. She's in the middle of the field in her winter formal dress, and everyone is cheering for her. Then she turns and sees Peter Hale stalking out of the dark. She tries to run, but he grabs her, throws, her to the ground, and crawls on top of her.

She wakes up from her nightmare with a shout. Her sheets are covered with dirt that she's carried in from a night of acting without her knowledge. "Leave me alone," she says. Peter is in bed next to her, and he sighs a little, telling her that he can't, not yet. She asks if he's real, and he tells her that the answer is also "not yet." He says that everything will get back to normal once she does everything that he asks.

Peter leads her down the stairs and explains to her that everything needs to happen on the next full moon. He explains that the full moon of March is called the Worm Moon because it's the last full moon of winter and the worms start to crawl out of the earth.

Lydia points out that the full moon is on Wednesday, which is also her birthday. Peter says that her birthday is always the party of the year. He tells her that they're going to make it a very special party. She asks what will happen if she doesn't go along, and he shows her a vision of her party guests murdered. "Why me?" "Because Lydia Martin is not only beautiful, not only incredibly intelligent, she's immune." She asks what it is that she's immune to, and Peter realizes that no one has told her about Werewolf yet. He says that it's probably best if he just shows her, and then he appears in his alpha form outside her living room window. Lydia screams, and Peter breaks through the window to leap at her.

The Argents are back home, and Chris frantically cleans out Victoria's bite. He tells her that it's not that deep, hoping it will mean that she isn't going to turn. Gerard comes down the steps to the basement to watch them. Victoria puts her hand on Chris's and tells him that it's all right. Chris tries to argue with Gerard that they can't know if the bite is enough to turn her. Gerard responds that he's the cold-hearted patriarch holding the family to its commitments. Chris asks how he's supposed to get Allison through losing her mother when they just buried her aunt. Gerard asks him when he thinks Allison would ever be prepared to handle the death of her mother. Gerard tells him that "That thing over there is just a cocoon waiting to hatch."

Derek and Scott return to the subway tunnel, and Derek explains that they need a new plan because next time they might not be able to heal. Scott understands that they can't save Jackson; Derek replies that they can't seem to kill him either. "I've seen a lot of things, Scott. I've never seen anything like this. Every new moon is just going to make him stronger." Derek admits that he doesn't know how they're going to stop the kanima, if it's even possible. Scott suggests letting the Argents handle it, but Derek feels responsible because he turned Jackson. "Yeah, but you didn't turn him into this. This happened because of something in his past, right?" Derek says it's just a legend in a book and nothing is ever that simple.

Scott asks what Derek's keeping from him, and Derek is insulted that Scott always thinks he's hiding something. When Scott responds that that's because Derek always is, Derek says that he does it to protect him. "Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets?" Scott asks. Derek dodges this manipulation and tells him to go home, sleep, heal, and check on his friends. There's a full moon coming, and Derek's sure it's going to be a rough one.

Allison drops Matt off at home. He apologizes for kissing her, and she tells him not to worry about it. He asks her if she and Scott are still together. "Not really." "Not really. God, I hate not really. You never know what to do with not really." She asks if he'd understand if she said it was complicated, and he replies, "Not really." They both laugh. He touches her hand and then gets out of the car. After he's gone, Allison breathes on the window to check for a message from Scott, but there isn't one.