Frenemy

The video tape from the night of the full moon shows Jackson sleeping. Eventually, he sits up and starts to thrash on the bed and transform. Danny sends Jackson a message letting him know that the video is restored and he hasn't watched any of it. He tosses his tablet into the back of his car.

Derek is chasing the kanima through the warehouse district.

Allison drops Lydia off at her house. She asks Lydia to keep her and Scott's relationship a secret. Lydia doesn't think there's anything to keep a secret about. Allison begs her to remember what it feels like to see her boyfriend standing down the end of the hall at school and you can't breathe. Lydia says she's never had that feeling. Then she gets out of the car.

Derek chases the kanima into a first level parking lot. Stiles and Scott show up quickly, but there's a spike strip that keeps Stiles from driving closer. Scott jumps out of the car to join Derek. Derek and the kanima fight, roaring at each other. The kanima climbs up toward the ceiling and then pulls on some power lines, which throws out sparks and blinds Derek enough to give the kanima an advantage.

Just then, Chris Argent shows up and shoots the kanima numerous times. The kanima seems like it's dead, and Chris looks around for Derek. But while he's distracted, the kanima gets up and attacks him from behind. He's emptied his entire clip, so he can't shoot back, and the kanima throws him into a wall. Stunned, he looks back toward the lights of his truck and sees Gerard and the kanima facing each other, but the kanima doesn't attack. Scott shows up and tackles the kanima, and he and Gerard stare at one another before Scott takes off after the kanima again.

Scott follows it to the Jungle, a gay bar. Stiles sneaks up behind him. Scott claims to not know where the kanima went, because it doesn't have a scent. He says it's going to kill someone, and Stiles replies, "Ah, that explains the claws and the fangs and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." Scott gives him a look, and he replies, "I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is only defense." They talk about whether they're sure that it's Jackson. Stiles asks how Jackson passed Derek's test and then surmises that maybe it's either or. "When's the kanima not the kanima?" "When it's Jackson."

Stiles looks up and sees the kanima's tail in the window of the upper floor of the bar. Scott suddenly claims to know who the kanima is after. Stiles asks him if he smelled something, and Scott looks at Danny in line to get into the bar. "Armani," Scott says, recalling the time in 2x02 - Shape Shifted when he sniffed all the lacrosse players trying to find the new Werewolf.

Stiles tries to open a back door, but it's locked. He tries to think of another way in, but Scott just grabs the handle and rips it off. He casually hands it to Stiles, and they head inside. The club is all strobe lights and lasers. "Dude, everyone in here's a dude. I think we're in a gay club," Scott says.

Stiles looks back at him from the middle of a huddle of drag queens. "Man, nothing gets past those keen Werewolf senses, huh Scott?" He doesn't look terribly thrilled at being petted. Scott spots Danny at the bar getting a drink. Danny looks at a guy out on the floor dancing with someone and then turns around, upset. The bartender tells him he's better off without that guy. "Still doesn't feel good," Danny says. The bartender directs him to a shirtless guy on the dance floor, and Danny goes to meet him.

Stiles and Scott go to the bar and try to order two beers. The bartender asks for IDs. The bartender smirks at their fake IDs and offers them two cokes. Stiles says, "Rum and cokes, sure!" But the bartender glares at him, and he pretends that a normal coke is fine as he bops to the music. A guy at the bar pays for a drink for Scott, and Stiles tells him to shut up. "I didn't say anything." "Yeah, well your face did." They turn around and scan the crowd. Stiles spots Danny, while Scott spots Jackson.