Chapter 5 - What Happened When He Was Four

Taylors P.O.V

Jason stormed off out of the basement while Pablo loosened the rope from my wrists. Not enough to escape but enough where I wasnt in constant pain.

"Thank you" I said smiling at him. He gave a small smile.

"Welcome" With that he went up the stairs and shut the door leaving me in total darkness. I know this sounds really lame but I have a deathly fear of the dark and basements. When I was five my parents would leave me in the dark in our basement for hours....and the worst thing was that we had rats down there. I soon began getting even more frightened as I stupidly thought back to some scary movies I had recently seen. "Sinister" being one of them. I soon felt my eyes fill with tears and I began to cry. I felt stupid for thinking that Jason would just open up his arms and say "Little sis its okay now! I will always be here for you!" What a fantasy I had. As I cried I began to think about how Jason said he was an only child. Jason looked about 18 or 19 years old. If im fourteen almost fifteen that makes us about four  years apart. That means for him to not know about me at all. Something had to have happened when he was about four years old. I couldnt imagine him going off to be in a gang when he was four. I stopped thinking and just shut my eyes and cried.

Jasons P.O.V

I could hear Shawty crying and I just tried to ignore it. I paced back and fourth in my room wondering why Shawty was so set on making me believe I was her brother.I thought about the possibility of me actually being her brother. I tried to think back to the short time I had lived with my parents. They always abused me. If they hated me so much why would they even bother having another kid..I mean...thats retarded. So that makes me actually being related to Shawty out of the question. I sat on my bed and remembered the papers she had given me. I decided to atleast look at them. I stood up and wiped my face only to feel wetness. I hadnt even realized that I was crying. I barely ever cried...... I just shrugged it off and made my way to the living room. As I passed by the entry to the basement Shawty's sobs got louder. I turned to go in the basement to check on her but the voice in my head kept saying "dont go soft Mccann". I sighed and made my way into the basement anyways. I just wanted to make sure she wasnt escaping. "Sure" the voice in my head said.  As I opened the door I saw Shawty look up at me tears still falling from her eyes. 

"Jason..." she croaked. I rolled my eyes.

"I just came her to make sure you werent escaping or something" I said.

"I really AM your little sister" she said. I clenched my fists.

"Whatever happened when you were about four??" she asked. That question really made me get pissed off.

Taylors P.O.V

I watched as Jasons eyes turned black. He came up to me and slapped me. I didnt know what I had done wrong.

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO KNOW MY PERSONAL BUSINESS!!!" He yelled slapping me two more times. Tears came rolling down my face...but I didnt lose my confidence.

"I do have the right to know!! Im your little sister!!" I yelled. In the dim light coming from the hall I saw tears running down Jasons face. He lowered his voice a bit.

"I dont even know you! Just leave me alone!!" he yelled. I could hear his voice crack. I just looked at him and bit my lip. Jason took a breath before going up the stairs and slamming the door making the whole house shake. I was once again alone in the dark.

What had just happened??

Jasons P.O.V

As I stepped out of the basement and slammed the door my whole gang rushed up to me.

"We heard everything! Whats wrong Boss!" Mark asked. I just turned away from them. I couldnt let them see me cry. Nobody has ever seen me cry.....except for....-nevermind. I dont even wanna think about it.

"What happened when you were four??" Harry suddenly asked. I wanted so bad to beat the crap out of him right then but remembered he was only 15 and didnt really understand what you do and dont say to me. Gee..I really was going soft. Still not facing them I told them to go to bed and forget about it. I waited for them to all leave before I made my way to the kitchen. I got out a tub of chocolate icecream out of the freezer and grabbed a spoon. As I began eating the ice cream I looked over to the papers still on the floor from earlier. I placed the tub down and wiped my mouth. I went over to the papers and read the first one. It was a birth certificate. Mine to be exact. I suddenly realized that the certificate couldnt of just been made up. Nobody knew my middle name other than me and my parents...if they cared enough to even remember. Anything could of happened....people could of just found it or something I thought to myself. I looked at the second paper. It too was a birth certificate. It read

"Taylor Ann Mccann born to Melissa and John Mccann" I rubbed my temples. It could just be a fake certificate. Someone who knew my parents names could have made it. That doesnt prove anything. I still wasnt gonna call Taylor Taylor. Her name could be fake. I was still gonna call her Shawty. The only way to prove that  Shawty was actually related to me was through a DNA test. I decided that I would get a DNA test done to see if we were related or not....just in case. 

I put the ice cream away and went back to bed. I looked up at my clock to see that it was already six in the morning. I decided to cancel the bombing of the Red Eyes gang base. I would be waaay too tired to be able to do a good job and not get myself killed. I shut my eyes and waited for sleep to come, but it didnt. I thought back to the question that Shawty had asked me earlier and squeezed my eyes tighter.

How had she known that it happened when I was four???