Chapter 3

Can this whole story just be dedicated to WhedonWorshipper Alexa_Hamilton for being awesome and like my most active readers

Peggy POV

   The week passed quickly. We didn't do much in class, and just went over syllabuses. The most amusing parts of the week were at lunch. School started on Tuesday, and by Thursday I was sitting two seats away from James. Maria was next to him, stealing carrots from his lunch tray. Despite what I had heard about him, James seemed really nice and accepted us to his table despite his previous teasing of me. He actually apologized, saying that he didn't know me and that it was wrong. I  was really happy about being with such kind people. Plus, Maria was really getting excited about her date with James on Friday. She insisted that I go shopping with her on Thursday night to  get ready. That was a blast. She got a great red skater skirt with a black crop top and insisted I get the same outfit with a yellow skirt, of my favorite color. We spent twenty minutes trying on makeup in the mall until we retreated to the food court. It was amazing how in three days we had gotten so close, but I loved our newfound friendship. She showed me Hot Topic, which was too emo for me, but which had great Harry Potter merchandise. We had lots of fun, but I had to leave a bit early to meet my curfew. She drove, but she wasn't the greatest driver and I had to pull my seatbelt very tight to feel safe. When I got home, I kissed my father and read for an hour too long. Friday was a normal day, but the afternoon was filled with texts and calls from Maria in preparation.
***
"It was so fun!" Maria squealed, her voice much unlike her normal deep, relaxed tone. We were sprawled on my bed, talking about her date.
"Did you...did you kiss him?" I whispered.
"You say it like it's scandalous. Of course I did!" She responded teasingly.
"Ok...just be careful with him. He seems nice, but I have heard about the things he's done. Someone was threatening his position on the football team, and well, he really hurt them. They were too injured to play for a few years." Maria looked a bit stunned, but regained her composure.
"That's not good, but I'm sure he has changed. He was nice to us, right?"
"Yeah, I guess. So what did you guys see?"
"We saw some rom-com," she said indifferently. "I kind of forget what it was about. I was to busy pretending not to stare at him." She sounded so in love, and I felt a bit jealous. I hadn't felt that way before.
"You know what?" She asked.
"What?"
"You should ask out Herc! We can double date!"
"I-I don't think I should," I stuttered.
"C'mom! Take a risk! It'll be fun, you don't have to stay together. Plus, he might not even say yes." I threw a pillow at her.
"Fine."

A/N~Here's another chapter because I'm really into this. Sorry it's not that long. I love the friendship between these two! SQUEEE