Entry Ten: I'm confused

Now, lingering at the corner of my eye, was not the bleakness of a school building, but the darkness of a laying figure. I shifted my gaze onto it, the figure taking the form a person. I waited in dead silence for any sign of life, but as they lay still on the floor, their chest unmoving, I felt my self get drifted away, every sensation leaving me as I sat there, motionless. I raised my arm in an attempt to reach it, but just as I was about to touch it, the silence stopped at a deafening halt as a metallic door flung open. I snapped my head back, a towering man stood in front of me, illuminated by the blinding light. My sensation slowly crept back in my body as the man approached.

He sat with a certain grace, playing with a silver ring that had a wide shank and a rounded mounting with a black lotus symbol. His slightly curved eye and almost ghost white skin gave away his Asian ancestry, while the feather tattooed on the nape of his neck made me think he was impulsively spiritual or spiritually impulsive, I wasn't sure anymore. I looked up at the spinning ceiling fan, I was given a new set of clothes to change into before being dragged in here. Judging from the lack of windows, we're below ground, but that could be just deception. There was an array of sounds coming from outside, I could make out at least twelve, no thirteen guys, counting the three from the other room and the one sitting in front of me that makes- "You know you're an odd kid." I turned my gaze towards him as he finally spoke, his accent was American while his tone was nonchalant as though we're two strangers sitting on a park bench. "You're in a place you don't know with a guy you don't know and no idea how you got here. But instead of panicking or asking questions, you just there calmly as though you don't have a care in the world." He chuckled. "It's quite funny honestly." I continued to stare at him, his grin did not seem sinister or disingenuous but not even a single fiber of my being trusted it, it was mysterious, unidentifiable. "So listen, I heard that you've been a bit of a hovering bug lately, and you see in this line of work we tend to squash bugs like you. It's either because we need to or want to." His dark eyes drifted to the ring before returning to look at me, placing his arms down on the table that separated us. "But like I said you're an odd kid and in this room, right now, I don't want to." The grin twitched at the ends of his mouth.

Three days and six hours; that's how long I've been in this room, laying down on my back with nothing better to do than count every small crack on the ceiling, the fan spinning insistently. No one else's been in here other than to leave food and water or to take me to the bathroom. From what I could gather, this place is narrow but big. In my second day here, I heard two guys talking about how the cargo couldn't be moved as one of the cranes wouldn't operate properly, it was easy to guess that we are somewhere near a port. Which means I'm no longer in my hometown. I haven't been left completely to my thoughts though, they gave me a couple of books and an MP3 player to keep myself distracted. Other than what that guy told me, I have no idea why I'm still here and my distorted memory isn't helping me with that fact. For some reason I can't seem to figure out what's the last thing I remember, I can't put anything in order. I tried going to my mind space, but it doesn't work. My last attempt ended up giving me a headache because I was trying to focus too hard. The only thing I can seem to focus on is Claire and what happened to her, she killed herself and she was depressed, that's all I've been thinking of ever since I realised I was stuck here. I know, that's an unusual reaction, considering the situation. But like I said, I'm unusual. I really wonder how normal people would react. I sprang when I heard the door unlocked, expecting my lunch or a new set of books, but to my surprise, I found him.
"Sorry, it took so long." He sighed, walking over to me. "But acquiring a new identity is a lot of hard work." He placed a passport and ID in front of me. I stared at them intently, the picture was of me, while I don't know how he got it, but the name wasn't mine; Kai Edwards. Who would go to such extents just because they don't want to do something? No, that was the wrong question. I looked up at him as he walked to the other side of the room before leaning on the wall, a cigarette dangling from his mouth. "Who are you?" A smile crept up his mouth as he lit the cigarette.
"Dante, a pleasure." He did a little bow, before chuckling. "You should probably get ready, you have school tomorrow." With that, he simply left, leaving the door wide open.