Chapter 18: Proof + Recognition

This GIF. gives me life btw. :D

And if I said that I would live for you,

For nothing in return,

Well I'm sorry Mr. Gullible,

But lying's all I've learned

"How did Jenna react when she saw you yesterday?" Maive asked her older brother, who was eating a croissant that was a few days stale. CC had warned him not to eat it and that she would happily make him something else but he thanked her and told her to have some time to herself for the morning.

A smirk appeared on his lips as he took a small bite.

"Let's say she didn't get much sleep last night" Tyler raised an eyebrow. Maives face contorted into a disgusted look.

"Tyler!" She whined, stretching out the 'r'. Tyler laughed.

"Because I wouldn't shut up about what happened." A wave of small relief washed over Maive as she laughed quietly, a little embarrassed.

"You young kiddos with your technology and dirty minds" Tyler tutted as he smirked, walking over to the long table in the kitchen, taking a seat, nervously playing with the table cloth.

Maive blinked a few times trying to make sense of the conversation she just had. She soon returned back to reality and took another sip of her coffee that she had forgotten about behind her. Josh walked in with no shirt on, just his red plaid pants. His walking faultered a bit as he realised that he wasn't alone in the kitchen. Maive blushed before turning around to get an apple out of the fruit basket.

"Morning Dun" Maive said, a grin starting to stretch out on her lips

"Hey little Joseph" He replied in a childish, sleepy tone. Josh reached up into the above cabinet and got a bowl out and closed the doors, walking over to get a box of cereal and milk.

"I have an actual name by the way" Maive said taking a small sip from her mug once again, finishing the warm beverage completely.

"I do too." Josh said, finishing with pouring his cereal, walking over to join Tyler at the table.

"You two are like a married couple. I swear you two are closer than he is with me" Tyler smiled, playfully rolling his eyes.

"You don't know the half of it" Josh said, spooning a heap of cereal into his mouth.

"What?" Tyler said, furrowing an eyebrow, a little concerned. Maive turned around and heated up the kettle again, making another cup of coffee.

*A/N That sentence low-key reminded me of Brandon Rogers. I'm sorry*

"Anyways, I have some news" Tyler said happily. Josh looked up from his breakfast and gave him a look, nodding his head as if saying 'continue'

"Maive's coming with us on tour for the next and last leg of the tour" Tyler said happily, a little more excited than earlier.

"What do you think about that?" Tyler said, eating the last bite of his croissant. Josh glanced over at Maive, who had her new cup of coffee in her hands. A small grin appeared on her lips as her eyes widened a little bit. Josh gave a fake smile and looked back at Tyler.

"So sick dude" Was all he said. His stomach had dropped and felt anxious, and had no further intentions of finishing off his bowl of cereal. But he continued to eat it anyways because he thought of it being a waste and was his favourite food – next to Taco Bell. (Which was the most heavenly food on Earth)