Today

The trees were closing in around me and the bleak sky darkened to a sunless, depressing blanket that topped the trees like snow. The air was filled with black smoke that occupied my lungs, pushing out any oxygen I tried to breathe in. The moon – my only light source - hid behind the clouds as if it could not stand the sight of me. A thunderous roar pierced the air and I fell to my knees – my hands over my ears. I trembled under the pressure of the black, billowing smoke that thickened by the second.

Squeezing me.

Suffocating me.

Just not killing me...

I knew I wouldn't die. Death would be too easy. She wanted me to suffer and feed on that agony for eternity. But I wouldn't give up. Not now. Not Ever.

My life changed completely - I changed completely on the night of the school dance. I don't remember how or why but I changed. I tried harder to recall the jumbled events that occurred that night but my head began to pound painfully and I fell to the ground. I shook uncontrollably as a series of images - memories - flashed through my head: Me at the school dance with Emma; a girl I was trying to save in the forest; then a scream, pain shooting from my neck to my head, blood then darkness...

The last horrific memory made my head spin. I was forced to leave my parents to save Emma but I was too late and Angora had stolen my parents. The people I dearly loved. And she knew that I would come back to get them. She had discovered my weakness.