Diamonds & Pearls (3)-When Two Twins Part

NOTE: Artwork on the side is from one of my favorite artists on deviantart.com, Nayzak. Just wanted to give credit where it's due ^.^ Thanks :)

Diamonds & Pearls

Before You Read: Hey guys! Quick reminder here! If you're delaying a prayer right now to read this story, stop whatever you're doing and go pray! Don't let anything take you away from Allah. Especially not this story. Now if you're all prayed up, go ahead and enjoy this chapter.

CHAPTER THREE- When Two Twins Part

        Zayan stayed in his room for about two days and didn't really speak to anyone. He was just quiet and thoughtful but at the same time frustrated. He didn't want Zayna to move hundreds of miles away from home. She was his best friend and his older sister by three minutes. She was also his favorite person to argue with and has always been there for him since the beginning.

        It was the seventh day of Zayan's silent rejection of the world, when Zayna finally returned from New York to spend three weeks with us before she and her husband were to move officially. It was Sunday when they returned. I thought that when they got back Zayan's mood would change and it did a little but he was still silent and depressed.

* * *

        The doorbell rang just as I finished pinning my hijab. I smiled as I mentally thanked Zayna for calling ahead so that I wouldn't have to rush and put on my scarf and abaya because Noor was dropping by. I'm the only one who has to wear hijab around Noor now. Ummi doesn't since he's her son in law and of course Zayna doesn't because she's married to the man. I ran to the front door, my socks sliding against the cherry wood flooring. I yanked the door open in delight.

        “Daleela, assalamu alaikum!” Zayna said with a smile as hugged me. I hugged her back tightly.

        “Wa alaikum assalam, Nana. How was the honey moon?” I replied jokingly.

        “It feels like we've been gone forever. I must admit though, I had an amazing time.” Zayna exclaimed.

        “Yeah same here, I'm glad you had fun sis.” I said.

        “Ya Allah, I'm tired.” Noor groaned as he struggled through the door with several bags of luggage. It was kind of comical. He gave me salams, his breathing ragged. “How you doing Daleela?”

         “I'm great,” I said enthusiastically.

        “That's good,” He replied with a smile.

        “How are you?” I asked politely.

        “I'm exhausted. I'm not used to driving so long.” Noor said as he covered a yawn with his hand. Zayna grabbed Noor's hand and led him to the sofa after he put the luggage down. She sat down and patted her lap. He gratefully accepted and laid his head down on her lap. He pulled his hat off and Zayna took it and placed it off to the side somewhere. She ran her fingers through his black hair and over his dramatically milky white skin tenderly. Soon, Noor's soft snores sounded through the room. I sat down in front of the couple and smiled.