Chapter 3 Preparations

Allie

Allie

~~~

"Today's the day!" I cheer hopping out of bed excitedly. The mishap of last night is all but forgotten. "I have a hair appointment at eleven, a mani-pedi scheduled at two, and professional makeup artist coming at four, and then the limo will arrive at six. I've left two-hour pillows of time between each thing to prevent disaster. But without fail tonight at six I will be the prettiest fucking thing in New York!"

"Yes, you will buttercup," Gabie murmurs in an amused tone.

"And you will be the most majestic!"

"I'm sure," Gabie murmurs. She's half listening and half preparing herself for another day at art school.

"Gabie remember I'll be waiting to get you from school after my mani-pedi. Also, the makeup artist can do you too if you want," I offer.

"Why not? We're meeting Iron Man so might as well look my best," Gabie replies and smiles. "I'm going now, try not to get too nervous while I'm gone."

"Nervous me? Come on Gabie I'm on an insane dose of Zoloft, I couldn't get anxious if I tried," I joke and push her out the door.

"Don't forget to pack your meds in your bag so you can eat them at dinner tonight!" Gabie yells as I shut the door.

As soon as it's closed I scurry around to get ready for my hair appointment.

~~~

After my hair is nicely styled and with each strand curled into nice spirals the stylist pins it back with bejeweled bobby pins and pins in tiny garnet gems all over my hair.

Moving on from hair I go to the nail salon and get my nails and toenails painted deep red with small black swirls on the thumbs and big toes.

Once my nails are done and dry I catch a cab to the art school.

~~~

"There's my favorite artist!" I greet loudly and jog up to Gabie as she leaves the double doors of the building. She's smiling widely. I can tell this school makes her happy.

"Hey, buttercup! You look amazing!" Gabie exclaims and I twirl for her enthusiastically.

"I feel amazing! My curls are so bouncy! Forget that you look so happy! This art school is doing wonders for your mental health," I point out and Gabie nods.

"I love it. I made a new friend," Gabie says as we start to walk down the street.

"You did! I'm so proud," I muse happily.

We chat avidly as we walk back to the apartment about her new friend, Izzy, and topics of conversation to bring up with Mister Stark.

~~~

The makeup artist made my face absolutely stunning with her skills. My eyes are decorated with red glitter eyeshadow, a thick black cat-eye eyeliner style, and my eyelashes are curled up with dark red mascara. To top off my eye look she puts small red garnet gems at the corner of each eye.