Chapter 12 Selvig

Gabie

Gabie

~~~

"Imma sit just for a second and then I'll get back out there," I pant out and collapse in a heap next to Hawkeye. He's smirking at me but says nothing.

Using my powers like this is really draining not to mention the fact I've never used them before.

"I'm guessing you've never played hero before," Hawkeye concludes as he shoots a ride without looking.

"How could you tell?" I huff.

"You keep all the enemies at arms reach so I have to assume you don't know hand to hand combat," Hawkeye explains and I sigh. Allie and I are totally inexperienced, all we have is our powers.

"Siren and I have never even used our powers before this," I say sullenly. "We only got them a few months ago."

"Some powers to get," Hawkeye muses and I smile. This guy is okay, more than okay even. "What made you decide to come out and fight?"

"People were dying, we had to do something," I answer.

"Look at you sounding like a hero already," Hawkeye jokes and I let out a huff of laughter. "When this is over you should stick around. I can teach you how to fight if you'd like."

"Sure, Siren and I were planning on staying anyway. Hey wh-oh my gosh," I gasp cutting my words short. Black Widow is still driving a Chitauri chariot.

Eyes widening I watch as three other chariots pursue, trying to shoot her down. The main bad guy, Loki, is following in hot pursuit.

Hawkeye is astonished as the start flying closer.

"Nat, what are you doing?" he utters in shock.

"Uh... a little help!" Black Widow yells. Getting to my feet I raise my hand to take down the chariots on one fouls sweep but Hawkeye grabs my wrist.

"Let me get Loki," he hisses.

"Got it." With perfect focus, I send a blaze of fire at two of the three alien riders.

Hawkeye is grinning as he presses a button on his bow. The quiver equips a equips an arrow and he nocks it. Aiming his bow he points it at Loki and smirks.

"I've got him." Then he fires and the arrow streaks the sky going straight at Loki. The demigod snatches the arrow just before it lands on its target. Not two seconds later the arrow explodes sending the demigod flying.