Chapter 5

Chapter 5

*Jaidyn's POV*

I run into in the bathroom and shut the door. I sit down on the toilet seat and look at my phone. I haven't seen this number in years. But yet I still recognize it.

"Oh my God." I mumble to myself. I stare at the number. I can't believe this number is calling me. I take a deep breathe.

"...Hello?" I manage to say.

"Jaidyn? Hi!! I didn't expect for you to answer!" I roll my eyes."So uh.... What are you doing?"

"Um.... I'm actually in Chicago. Look Dad, I'm not trying to come off mean but this the first time you've called me in- "

"Oh your already there!?! I heard that your trying out for the X-factor!! Yeah I'm gonna come and support my number one daughter! Yea so I'll be there in two days!" He says interrupting me.

"Whoa wait! How did you-"

I hear 3 small beeps. I look at my phone to a black screen. I wait for the the screen pop up with the number and 6 options. It never pops up. I tap the screen. Nothing. I press the Home button and it's just a picture of me and my friends. I'm so confused. What am I suppose to do with that? How dare he just invite himself when he hasn't spoken to me in 4 years? I don't even have his number saved in my phone. I get it. Now that I am about to be on the X-factor, this is his chance to take advantage of me. This made me think of our family was before he left; which made me go on to think of when he left. I was so confused and heartbroken. My mom used to cry herself to sleep. From that point, it was just me and my mom. I felt a tears coming up... rolling down my face. I try to attempt to clean my face the tears wouldn't stop. I do the best I can to clean up and open the door to Katie walking towards the kitchen, but stops when she spots my face. She puts her hands on my shoulders.

"Ohmygosh Jaidyn are you okay?!" Anna and Addison whip their heads to me.

"It was my dad, and he's coming here." They looked at me shocked in surprise.

"WHAT?! Here?! Are you sure? Like he's coming here, Chicago?" Katie asked. I nod my head. "This makes no sense?!"

"He hasn't spoken to you in what? A few years? And NOW he wants come back into your life?" Anna asks. I just ran all of this through my head. They are seriously my best friends.

"I know..." I managed to say.

"Well just because he's coming, should we all get upset about it? Jaidyn you have a really huge day tomorrow and you can't let not one thing ruin it for you." We all looked at Addison in silence; knowing that she was right.

"Yea, you're right Addie...." Anna said, then said looked at me.

"Yea, you're right, but I think I'm just gonna go in the room and just relax... Big day is tomorrow, better get some rest anyway..."

"Well we were just about to order some pizza, did you want some?"

"Ahh.. just cheese.. thanks." I start walking to my room.

"We love you Jaidyn!" yelled Addison cheerfully

"Love you all too..."

I go get my laptop from my suitcase and take it to my bed. I open it and click my my username. It loads and One Direction is starring at me, with such a serious face into my eyes. I stare at muscles on every part of there body. Their 6 packs. I go up a little farther. There eyes. And then their hair. I just stare at them. Then I'm reminded that I'm suppose to be doing something. I click on the Skype icon, and click Mama. It rings for a little bit; then I hear her nasally voice. Then her face appears on my screen.

"Hey! Did you get there ok?"

"Yea, of course with all 4 of us on an 8 hour road trip, of course it was little crazy. But it was fun..."

"Oh duuh!" She blows her nose. "So uh, how is the hotel?" She sniffs.

"It's actually really nice! We all have our own rooms and bathrooms. Which is kind of a relief because I don't want to give my one hundredth lecture on why and how I wrap my hair...." She busts out laughing. I love it when she smiles because it always causes me to smile.

"Ohhh yea, of course, offf course"

"But when we got here, uhm something unexpected-"

"PIZZA!!" Anna shouted running in the room. She sees me propped up on the bed. Her face turns red, and she quietly gives me my plate and Coke, and closes the door quietly.

"What was that?" My mom questioned.

"Oh that was Anna givnig me my pizza." I said.

"Oh, cool, cool. But what were you saying?"

"Oh uh....." I stutter; deciding if I should really tell her or not. Do she really need to hear something about him right now?

It's already enough that she's sick.

"Uhm... The desk lady who gave us our key, wished she the best of luck, and that she could see me being something..." I say matter of factly.

"Oh.. well that's...." She sneezes. "..Nice!"

"Yea... well I thought I would call you before the big day...We'll call you tomorrow Mom, love you."

"Okay hun, love you too!" We say bye. I look at The picture of One Direction one last time before I close my laptop. I wrap my hair real quick and turn out the light. I get comfortable with my snuggie.

Why is he doing this? He knows this means so much to me, and he wants to come now? He left me. I didn't do anything to him? Or did I? He hasn't contacted me in nearly 4 years. Not even my birthday or Christmas.. That's not what the definition of "Dad" is. If he really cared about me, he would attempt to at least call me occasionally? At least.... "...support my number one daughter!" No. I can't have him here... I can't....

I fall asleep, noticing I didn't even touch my pizza.