new years special!

It was the 31st of december, the day before a start of a new year.

Yoongi was at Namjoon and Seokjin's place.

Of course the couple would throw a party and invite all of their friends, not much for Namjoon considering his occupation but Seokjin being the charming guy he is, was a social butterfly.

So here he was, it was around 22:00 or 10 pm as some people call it, in the guest room avoiding the people outside whom he does not want to interact with.

Thankfully there was a tv here, though there isn't really anything good on, it was good enough for him to not be bored out of his mind.

Yoongi was just about to take a swig out the beer bottle in his hand when the door abruptly opened and a familiar guy with strawberry blonde hair entered and ploped down on the bed. The guy didn't even notice Yoongi at first (probably due to the amount of alcohol he has consumed) but when he looked up, his eyes widened and his body immediately shooted up.

"O-oh, i-i'm sorry..." He rather hiccups more than says.

"Are you drunk?" Was what Yoongi responded with.

The strawberry blonde giggles at this, "I may have had a few drinks." he slurs then continues to giggle.

"So you are drunk." Yoongi sighs. "You're that florist, right?"

"Yup! You can call me Hoseok or Hobi though," The strawberry blonde says with his signature bright smile. "Wait.. i think i've told you this.." He slurs putting his thinking face on, even putting a finger on his chin.

Yoongi just looks at the drunk man infront of him with amusement, also thinking how somewhat cute he looks, he then quickly recovers his thoughts and says that Hoseok should just lay down while he goes and gets him some water downstairs (though he didn't really wanna face the other people, guess he could do it to help plus he didn't really have anything better to do)

"Wait!" Hoseok exclaims just as he was about to open the door.

"What is it?"

"I-"

"What?"

"I-"

"Just say it."

"I want some fried chicken.."

Yoongi blinks once, twice, thrice.

"That's it?"

"Yeah," Hoseok grins. "I'm really craving for some fried chicken right now.." He adds with a giggle.

Yoongi sighs. "Okay, i'll see if they have some fried chicken downstairs."

"Really?!" Hoseok questions loudly. "Thank youuu~"

° ° °

Yoongi was now in the kitchen, he heads over to the fridge, he grabs 2 water bottles and another bottle of beer for himself.
'Now the chicken' he thinks, he heads to the table of food that was prepared by Seokjin himself, but some were ordered and some were brought by the people who came. He sees fried chicken right at the end of the table and grabs it.

He was climbing up the stairs when he sees his younger friend with a guy, though he doesn't clearly see the guy and he can only see their side profile he knows his eyes aren't deceiving him and that's definitely his friend. 'Way to go, Jeon.' Yoongi thinks and carries on his way back to the guest room.

Yoongi opens the door to see Hoseok passed out on the bed with his limbs spread out and mouth slightly open.

Yoongi sighs yet again.

° ° °

Hoseok wakes up around 30 minutes before midnight.
Right now he looks like a lost puppy by the way he's looking all around the place to decipher where he is.

Yoongi finally says something, because the man doesn't seem to notice his presence within the room.

"You're awake." He states, pointing out the obvious.

Hoseok jumps a little, clearly startled by the voice inside the room because he thought he was alone. He looks to the where the voice came from and sees the man who ordered the flowers for the lovely couple who's getting married, the same couple who held this party and owns this house.

"O-oh hi," Hoseok croaks out, throat dry from his mouth being opened while he was taking a nap.

"Here drink some water." the throws a water bottle at Hoseok, which Hoseok thankfully catches.

"Thank you." Hoseok says after he downs the whole bottle.

"It's a good thing i took two, here, and the chicken." Yoongi says giving Hoseok another water bottle and the food he asked for.

"Chicken??" Hoseok asks looking slightly confused.

"Yeah, you asked for it earlier. Don't you remember?"

"I did?" Hoseok scratches his head.

"You did." Yoongi states.

"I-"

"That's what you kept saying earlier too, drink some more water." Yoongi urges.

Hoseok does as asked and says "I don't really remember saying that or actually how i even got here.." He says, he's kind of embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I kinda got carried away with the drinks.."

Yoongi looks at him for awhile, Hoseok feels himself getting a bit pinkish from the gaze when suddenly a sound coming from his stomach interrupts the room's atmosphere and Hoseok really feels that his face is resembling the color of a strawberry right now.

With an amused quirk of his mouth, Yoongi says "It's okay, no harm done." and then quickly adds "You should eat."

"Uh, yeah, okay." Hoseok replies, avoiding eye contact because he's embarrassed enough as is and just focuses on the food infront of him.

Hoseok was enjoying the delicious fried chicken while was Yoongi looking at the tv (though glancing once in awhile at the other man) when they hear cheers of the people downstairs and from the other people in the neighborhood.

Yoongi looks at his watch and says, "Well, it's midnight."

Hoseok also looks at his phone to see the check the time, looks up at the other man and then greets "Happy New Year!!" with his bright smile.

"Yeah, Happy New Year." Yoongi replies with a small grin.

• • •
i made it!!
this is the longest chapter
that i have written for this story lol
i am satisfied with this,
hopefully y'all like it.
finally some progress, right? haha
tysm for 1k reads btw 💕
also yes, this is a reference to
the iconic new years chicken.
happy yoonseok day! &
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!
let's have a great year :)
love lots. x