☠ Chapter Seven ☠

☠ C h a p t e r  S e v e n ☠

**Jade's POV**

Two days. Two whole days have passed since things have occurred. Things such as Alex suddenly appearing in my rental home without my permission, the call to Carol, the news about the boys being here, to me returning the job application. I never actually gave them a number to call me off of, so I decided to get up and travel there myself. Two days was enough to decide whether or not you wanted more employees for needed service, right? Hopefully it was. Because it was chilly out today, and I had to walk. 

 I grabbed my coat bringing it closer to my body as I walked outside. The cool air engulfed me, as I felt tears prick in the corners of my eyes. I walked fast as I hurried. It was already quarter past twelve in the afternoon. When I arrived, it was awfully busy. I knew I should've came sooner, I thought to myself as I opened the door. The bell above the door rang as I entered. Nobody noticed my appearance as everyone was too busy trying to figure out who's order was up next, or where to sit if they were staying to eat. When I spotted Luke at the counter. His expression was strained, and he looked awfully tired. I debated on whether or not I should just go up to him and hand it in, or wait in the line with all of the rest of people. I decided it'd only be fair to wait just like everyone else. And so I did.

 I got in the back of the line. I ran my fingers through my now dark hair as I watched the line not even bulge. 

 Come on, come on, I thought.

 Just as if my words were a magic touch of some sort, the line abruptly started to move. After that, everything seemed to go by faster as I was suddenly the next person in line. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach as I neared Luke. Right when it was my turn to go up to the counter, I could already feel the blood rushing to my cheeks as I waited for a conversation to happen.  As soon as he saw me, his face seemed to light up.

 "Hey! What brings you here?" He asked. 

 "Well, I never really did put on a phone number, and so I decided it'd only be fair to come down and see if anything's happening yet?" I asked, obviously talking about the job. He smiled.

 "Indeed! Mr. Franco looked over your application and indeed needs you right away," he spoke and smiled. I could tell he was in a hurry, but tried not to show it as all his interest was set on me. I looked at him confused by the name. Mr. Franco? Who was Mr. Franco?

 "Who's Mr. Franco?" I asked him feeling anxious for his answer. He sighed.

 "The new boss," he spoke and frowned. Oh boy. 

 "B-but what happened to-"

 "It's a touchy subject. But, he passed not too long ago," I felt my eyes bulge. This can't be! Mr. Roberts died? My old boss died? He was the closest thing to a father to me. And now he was gone. And I didn't even get to say goodbye. 

 "How?" I asked as people in the background started to sigh in frustration. Luke shook his head. 

 "An unexpected heart attack. So they say," Luke explained. I looked at him confused. Does he not believe that theory? 

 "Well that's awful," I spoke. Luke nodded.

 "Anyway, Mr. Franco says that he'd really need you as soon as possible because as you can see, it's quite busy here, and according to your job history you have experience which means you won't have to start out being the dish washer," he joked and I giggled. Just then, a girl with extremely light hair came in view. Her apron wasn't fully tied, her hair hung low down to her abdomen, and her makeup was to the extreme.