Chapter Six

Four months later

Sherlock and Lo now have a very legal relationship. They are expecting a baby in September and Lo moved back in with Sherlock after John got married to Ms. Mary Morstan. Humbert is still under the radar, but he has come back to London…

Humbert’s POV

I’ve finally decided to see my Lolita again. I’ve found her address online and I hope everything goes well. For some reason, “221B Baker Street” sounds all too familiar, but it may just be a coincidence.

I pull up to the flat and knock on the door. In the doorway stands Lolita. She is wearing glasses, but it’s still her.

“Humbert?” she whispers. Her hand is holding her stomach, and I suddenly see my worst nightmare: she is pregnant with another man’s child.

“Lo… You’re…” I can’t finish my sentence.

"Yes, I am.” She looks down and smiles.

“I… Well… Congratulations. Who’s the–“ I stop midsentence when a man runs downstairs and glares at me from behind Lolita. A man I can only know to be Sherlock Holmes.

“Excuse me, but what exactly are you doing here?” he says, putting his arm around Lolita.

“I came back to see my Lolita.”

Lolita clasps her mouth with her hand and I see tears well up in those gorgeous blue eyes of hers. “My name… is not Lolita… it is Lo. And I am not, never was, and never will be yours. I have taken four years worth of therapy to recover from everything you’ve done, I don’t need you to resurface those problems.” She walks upstairs and Sherlock steps forward.

“Now, you listen carefully, Humbert. You get out of her life and you stay out. Do not make me contact the authorities and have to get a restraining order against you.”

I scoff at this man. “You’ve impregnated her! She can’t be less than four months along. That means she was still seventeen. You’re no better than I am!”

“You are mistaken, Humbert. For one, she was only fourteen years old when you did what you did to her. Secondly, I did not force myself on her, unlike you, you absolute heathen.”

I roll my eyes. “Fine. Don’t allow me to see my own stepdaughter. See if I care.”

“You killed her mother. You are not her stepfather anymore. You have no legal rights or reasons to see her again and cause even more trouble in her life.”

Without another word, he slams the door and I get back in my car and begin to drive away. I’ll be back. This war is not over.

©2014 "Sweet Dreams" by Peyton Celeste. See story description for detailed copyright information.