Escape [4]

"Yeah... It's a thing we do each night." Donnie explained patrol to me, simple and easy.

"Okay... But why?" I pondered aloud.

Raph and Leo exchanged glances. And blinked. "We just want fresh air."

I crossed my arms, and slumped. I wouldn't push, not yet... That would only give them another reason to keep me here longer.

"So...who goes??" I implied, already planning my escape in my mind.

"Um... Tonight it's just us. Sorry... We can't trust you yet." Donnie hesitated on the last sentence. "Very sorry."

My stomach dropped as I realized I'd be stuck here for tonight. All alone. "How long does it take?" I asked, my voice small. I put my hand behind my back and squeezed my fingers together in a cross.

"Only about 10 minutes. 20, maybe, if we get into trouble."

"Trouble?" I clamped my hand over my mouth as soon as the words left. I was pushing him now.

Donnie pressed his lips together. "I mean... If we get hurt. If someone slips."

"Slip-on what?" I need to learn to shut up.

Leo raised his hand lightly. "Listen... We just jump roofs so we can search for crime and make sure no one gets hurt."

"Really, so you're supposed to be the good guys, huh? The good guys who kidnap innocent girls?!!"

"We answered two already, so stop asking questions!!" Raph boomed.

I folded my arms around my body, and a cold tingle ran down my spine. His voice filled the entire lair and was cold.

"Whatever," I mumbled.

Raph tightened his tattered bandanna and flung out his weapons from behind his back. He scampered out of the lair, and I cocked an eyebrow.

"Hey, it's night already?" I blinked. When they captured me it had been only 2:41.

"It's been a couple of hours... H-haven't you noticed?" Mikey chuckled.

I bit my lip. "I guess not. Anyways, what am I supposed to do when you gu..." I cut myself off. If I let them suspect that I would try and escape then they'd make sure to lock the place up. I don't even know if they can do that.

Mikey, Donnie, and Leo started to open the sewer top. Donnie looked back at me with big brown eyes and I crossed my arms. He looked up into the cracked sewer lid before leaving. 

                                                                                           ***

I waited a little bit before I made sure they all had left. For good. I wasn't gonna screw this up.

I was in my room looking around for weapons in case they caught me. Rummaging through drawers and under my bed.

I was just about considering to start going through the guys stuff. They wouldn't get mad at me because I'd already be gone when they got back.

I opened my door and tip-toed down the hall to Raphael's room. He deserved it the most.

I opened the door but the hinges squeaked SUPER loud. Oh my god.

"Miss Dawn?"

I bit my lip. I turned around to see the tall rat weasel thing with his staff.

"What?"

Splinter stared at me with a dead expression for a second. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." I said, stiffly putting my hands behind my back as i kicked Raph's door shut.

The sensei turned his back to me. "Come with me."

My mind kept telling me, stop it no no don't go with the creepy mutant rat! But maybe out of fear and a little curiosity, I trailed behind.

We entered a big beautiful room with a tree in the middle.

"Why's that there?" I asked, motioning to it. "isn't this the sewers?"

Splinter stroked his chin. "My sons weren't allowed outside these sewers for years, so I brought some of the earth down here."

"Deep," I said without thinking. I notice a couple of training mats on the ground and some weapons along the wall.

He looked back at me. I flinched a little, hoping he didn't notice me eyeing the weapons. "You know none of us can trust you, Miss Dawn." 

I scoffed, hoping my face wasn't read. "Obviously. If you trusted me, you'd let me leave."

Splinter said, "So you do not trust us."

I cocked an eyebrow. What was he getting at? "Well, no. You guys basically kidnapped me."

Splinter shook his head and he spoke and I started to get lost in thought about how I'd escape. The walls were practically coated in weapons of which I have never seen. 

"Miss Dawn?"

I shook out of my thoughts, "yes?"

Splinter took the hint I wasn't listening and sighed. 

Out of absolutely nowhere, Splinter chucked something at me. It sliced through the air, making a bee-line straight towards my face. My heart skipped a beat as I barely flung myself out of the way in time. 

The thing landed somewhere behind me. In the wall. It was a throwing star. 

Slowly, the realization poured over me that I could've been stuck with it. A wave of low anger started boiling in my chest. 

"What the heck was that?!" I barked. I gritted my teeth and my head snapped to look at the rat. 

Splinter remained unfazed and simply put his throwing hand behind his back. "You have decent reflexes." 

Anger clouded my head and I couldn't really connect the dots here. What did that have to do with anything!? "You just attacked me! You're crazy!"

He shook his head. "I was simply testing you. I knew you would dodge it." 

"Testing me?!" I yelled with all my might, offense seeping from my tone, "What if I didn't move out of the way in time??"

"It does not matter. You did move in time."

"That doesn't change-" 

Splinter thumped his scepter against the floor, causing a loud boom, and I flinched, shutting up. 

"You dodged the shuriken," He said once more, looking down upon me. "Well done." 

My face morphed between emotions as I stood there confused as ever.