Nada - Chapter Three

Daren's Perspective

"Y'know... I keep discovering new things about you every day," she said as we walked towards the diner. I made a silly and confused face, which made her giggle and I smiled and laughed with her. We arrived at the diner where we always eat, I opened the door for her and we walked in together. We saw Trisha Durcanthy, the manager of the family diner and she's my best friend from high school, and she looked more pale than usual. "Hey Trish. It's us again-". My mind went blank and my thoughts went awry as my throat ran dry.

I was staring down a ghost right in the eyes, a ghost from my past that I was hoping to forget. I felt an immense pressure as he approached me. This ghost had underlings, but they're unfamiliar to me. But I didn't care. All that matters is the ghost standing in front of me. And it spoke, with words of complete treachery. "It's been awhile since we last crossed paths. Do you remember who I am?" He said to me as he took his mask off. His face was scorched and scarred, and across his neck sprawled a tattoo similar to the one I had on my back.

"Grant Maximillian, the Fire Fang," I exclaimed with great contempt. "Oh. So you do remember my name, Zero. I heard you were in the neighborhood so I decided to pay the town a visit. How are you doing?" he smirked as he walked towards me. "I can never forget what you've done," I said to him as I grit my teeth with disgust. "Oh come on! That happened a long time ago! Why don't you just let it go, Zero?" "No. Because you murdered my family. And that, is UNFORGIVABLE!!" I roared as I ran towards him with absolute fury, and he was caught off-guard when I threw a solid straight punch that sent him flying across the diner. He ended up crashing through the wall and outside the diner. His underlings trembled in fear as they scurried off outside to escape.

'Cowards.' I thought to myself as I clenched my hands in anger, and I felt like my body was on fire, and that my heart was beating like crazy. At that moment, as I walked outside towards the rubble, I knew... That I was furious beyond control.

Georgina's Perspective

'They know each other? B-but how?' I thought to myself. "H-hey. Don't worry about him. He's going to be fine," she reassured as she grabbed my arm. I looked at her and she smiled at me, I smiled back at her. I looked back at D when I felt an immense pressure. 'Th-this pressure. A moment ago it was that bad guy, and now.... It's coming from D. He's angry. I've never seen him angry."

"No. Because you murdered my family. And that, is UNFORGIVABLE!!" My skin crawled, and it was over in a flash. 'H-he's so strong.' The other bad guys fled with a terrified look in their eyes. 'What did he mean by his family? W-wait. Could it be?' I worriedly thought to myself as I walked towards D. I could still feel the intense pressure coming from him, and when I touched him, he was blazingly hot to the senses.

'I've never seen him like this. His eyes once filled with truth, now filled with hatred and despair. I could feel the ground shake and tremble as he walked outside. I watched D as he clenched his fists filled with absolute rage, as Maximillian started to get up. 'I can't believe he's still able to stand up after that monstrous punch. And I can't believe that D could even do that. He seemed so timid and peaceful. Sure, he was protective of me at times, but never like this. Just what in the world is going on?!' I thought to myself as I watched in terror while they deck each other with killer intent.

Amidst their intense battle, I suddenly saw the same flashback I had seen before, and with this flashback, came a revelation... and I was stunned. 'This is the street where I saw D crying. This is the street where I saw him hold me in his arms. This is where I died.' I nervously thought to myself as I looked up the towering buildings. 'I never noticed how tall these buildings were when I had these flashbacks. My eyes were locked with his sad and dreary eyes. I wanted to look away, because it tore my heart to tatters seeing him crying, but then I couldn't. I wanted to hold his face and wipe his tears away, hug him and tell him that everything will be alright. But I couldn't.