Chapter Two - Anything Could Happen

Anything Could Happen

Alexis' POV

 It had been a few days, and finally it was time to go on tour. It was quarter to three in the morning when Anton came into my room, yelling at me to get up. I groaned and rolled over, glaring at him as he turned on my lights.

"Get over it. We need to go." He said as he rolled his eyes.

"It's too early." I whined.

"Suck it up. Let's go." He said as he threw my clothes that I had set out the night before, straight at my face.

"I hate you." I grunted.

"You love me." He said as he walked back out of my room. 

I let out a laugh, realizing we did this almost every morning, and that wasn't about to change. It was just going to continue for another few months as we went on tour. 

I pulled myself out of bed, getting dressed and grabbing any last minute things I would need. Once I was sure I had everything, I carried my bags out to the living room. Anton was sat on the sofa, his bags in front of him, as he scrolled through his twitter feed. 

"You ready?" I asked.

"I called a cab, just waiting for that. Figured there was no sense in leaving a car at the airport seeing as that would just cost us a lot of money." He said as he looked up at me with a smile.

"Good idea." I replied with a matching smile.

"You excited?" He questioned as he got up from the sofa, coming to stand in front of me, and wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"I get to spend the next year with you on the road, why wouldn't I be excited?" I asked sarcastically.

"See, you do love me." He said.

"Only sometimes." I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed my head on his chest, hugging him tightly.

"You alright?" He asked, concern evident in his voice.

"Promise me something Anton." I said.

"Anything." He replied.

"No matter what happens on this tour, you and I, we are always going to be like this." I said.

"I promise love." He said as he kissed the top of my head.

"Thank you." I said softly.

Anton's phone rang in his pocket, signalling that he had a text message. He took it out, keeping one arm still wrapped around me, and read the text. It was the taxi service telling us that our cab was here, so we grabbed our things and headed outside. We loaded our things into the trunk before getting in the backseat. 

Before we knew it, we were at the airport and through security. It was early in the morning, so there weren't many people at the airport, meaning we got through everything easily. We had to go through customs, seeing as it was an international flight, but it was a quick process.

Anton and I were flying to London on our own, and meeting up with the rest of the tour crew once we got there, which means we still hadn't met Ben or Ryan. I had no idea what they would be like in person, or whether or not we would get along, but I sure hoped so.

Ryan's POV

Early morning flights were not my favorite thing. All of the crew from Seattle had flown to Philadelphia last night, and we were flying out of Philly to go to London this morning. We were meeting up with our opening act when we got there, however Ben wouldn't tell me who it was. 

But ten hours later as we landed in London, and I saw Ben walk up to a familiar blonde singer, a scowl crossed my face. I guess you could say I didn't really care for her, which was the truth. 

Alexis Woods. Ben knew. He knew I didn't like her. I don't really know why, but she just annoyed me. And now I was about to spend a year touring the world with her around. 

As I walked closer, I also noticed her friend. Ben had told me  there would be another music producer, but not this one. I felt I had competition now, and I didn't like it one bit. 

"Ryan, come meet Alexis and Anton." Ben said.

I walked over and gave Ben a glare before turning to Alexis and Anton, giving them a fake smile. 

"Nice to meet you." I said as I held my hand out to shake theirs.

Anton took my hand first, shaking it and saying it was nice to meet me as well. 

As Alexis took my hand, I looked her in the eyes and felt a chill run down my spine. 

"Nice to meet you Ryan." She said softly with a smile.

"Yeah, you too." I responded, pulling my hand from her's shortly after.

I felt uncomfortable with her. Like she had something over me, and it wasn't something pleasent. Soon, we were all gathering our luggage and heading to the hotel. 

When we got there and Ben and I took our room, I sat on the sofa, kicked my feet up on the coffee table, and just stared at the ceiling. 

"You alright man?" Ben questioned as he walked in and sat down next to me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked flatly.

"Because if I would've, you wouldn't let me ask her on tour. And right now, she's the best opening act you can get." Ben replied.

"And Anton? Why's he here?" I asked.

"He's her best friend, and her music producer. He's basically you for her." He answered.

"What is it with that girl and music producers? I mean first it was Calvin Harris, and now Zedd." I said.

"And next it'll be you. Admit it, you think she's attractive." Ben said.

"No. No I don't." I said.

"Keep telling yourself that." He said.

And I would. I would keep telling myself that because I would not fall for Alexis Woods' games. 

At least that's what I tried to tell myself for the first week of tour. Until our last night in London, when I found myself in bed with the enemy...