throwback

It was the day after the mission and everyone was quiet, you could hear the silent crackle of the flames. Satan sat in his throne of blurring blur flames staring off into oblivion, he'd been like that since yesterday. After every mission they've had in tbe past there had always been feasting and cheering and partying for days. However, this mission didn't go as planned and clearly no one was happy about it. No one has said a word but we all knew what the rest were thinking. We failed.

*throwback to the mission*

Bullets were flying everywhere, angels flew around the bright orange sky throwing lightening bolts at all our recruits. Fire laced the edges of the brown field like torches they burned in the quickly darkening night. Debree lay everywhere and bodies decorated the ground. Many lives were lost that day both angels and demons. We were meant to get into their Base. We were meant to do whatever it took but our losses were too great and we had to retreat.

Jake fought bravely by my side, skillfully slicing angel wings and throwing wine upon the retched creatures (wine disintegrates them) and not once did he let his weapons fail him. Not once did he fail me. I got this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach as I glanced back at him but I brushed it quickly aside so I could defend the oncoming attacks.

This was a tough blow, we had to retreat while we still had members. We sank into the battlefield straight back to hell. This was a defeat I wouldn't forget and I'd be damned once more of I let it happen again!!!