The Last Time

"I've wanted to ask this the last. Why did he kill my parents?"

"That time, my master was in a financial crisis and he owed a huge debt to your parents. And to resolve the problem, I murdered them."

I sighed in reponse, finally relieved to discover the cause of their deaths.

"Why can't you escape?"

Minghao then grabbed his collar and his wrist chains to present them before my eyes.

"They're bound to me. If he finds out that I escaped, one button and electric shock will be emitted through them."

"That means any second-"

"Yes. But death and pain is nothing compared to staying by your side."

I gasped in horror as I realized my wrongful actions. Any second, he would fainted or possibly die from those unbreakable equipment.

"Your master... Is he Zhou Mi?"

Suddenly, the room door slammed open, revealing a snickering man. It was Zhou Mi and Minghao was shivering from his piercing gaze.

"Well done."

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist in anger. The man had done all this for his own selfish reasons.

"Why did you help me find him?!"

"I was hoping for a twisted ending. You killing that boy for murdering your parents. But, it seems that friendship over powered revenge. How disappointing."

I charged at him, unable to control my wrath as he suddenly took out a pistol and pointed it towards me to halt my actions.

"You can't blame me for ordering him around. He is my son afterall."

"S-step-son"

Minghao's mutter could be heard as he shivered with fright. The grip Zhou Mi has on his gun suddenly directed to my head as he pulled the trigger. A shot was heard and I closed my eyes, waiting for the unbearable pain. But instead, I saw Minghao shielding me, as he had taken the bullet to his chest, damaging his heart and left lung.

"That boy was useless anyways."

Tears flooded down my eyes as I laid Minghao's body unto my arms. The hit had weakened him as he slowly drifted his eyes closed.

"Thank you."

I checked his pulse and realized that he was dead. While I sobbed from the loss of my beloved friend, Zhou Mi directed his gun towards me again. Another shot was heard, but this time, it was Zhou Mi that collapsed unto the ground, from receiving a bullet to his leg. Several fires followed it and the man died groaning in agony.

Junhui appeared within sight as he retracted his gun, after he shot Zhou Mi. While he was examining the dead bodies, I seized hold of Zhou Mi's pistol, that toppled on the ground.

Then I returned back to Minghao and held his lifeless hand tightly while aiming the gun directly to my forehead with another hand. Junhui processed my actions as he exclaimed in fear.

"Wait, Don't-!"

It was too late, since I pulled the trigger.