Getting Warmer.

I sat in silence staring at Lauren faking a resting bitch face so she would feel under pressure to start talking but she ignored me and continued writing on one of hundreds of pieces of paper on her desk. After a while she stopped writing and dropped her pen.

"Everyone out." She announced. "Except you." She said looking at me. Everyone left and it was just me and her. "So you attacked Bruno and Leo last night. That's their names right?"

"Yes that's their names and I was teaching the kids how to fight."

"By using the boys as an unwilling dummy?"

"You could say that." I said.

"You need to learn to control yourself, don't let the mask take over."

"Or I could just not put the mask on ever again." I shrugged my shoulders.

"But then you couldn't kill people for me."

"Sounds good to me."

"Raven, if you learn to control yourself while wearing the mask then no one will ever be able to mentally break you."

"Why would someone want to mentally break me?"

"People might torture you for information about me that's all." She paused.

"Yeah it's no big deal right? As long as no one gets any information about your whereabouts." I started to naturally make a bitch face at her.

She paused again. "Anyway. What was I going to say?"

"You were going to contribute to your part of the deal." I interrupted.

"Ah yes. You wanted to know who that man was that attacked you."

"Uh-huh."

"Well I didn't know his name but he was the son of someone who killed one of my best hitmen. So I abducted his son and locked him away but kept him alive."

"Why his son and not him?"

"I send him videos of his son slowly turning insane. Sometimes you need to go for what they love to really get to them, take everything they love, tear it apart in front of their eyes then when they have nothing left..."

"You kill them?"

"No, you hand them the gun that they use to shot themselves in the head." She smirked.

"How did he get out?" I asked trying to forget what she just said.

"There was a split second window when the door was unlocked by accident and he got lucky."

"Where is he now?"

"Where he was before." She answered instantly.

There was silence. We sat looking at each other waiting for someone to speak.

"Will that be all?" Lauren asked.

"No."

"What then?" she looked surprised.

"I feel like I've been here my whole life."

"Good, you're not allowed to remember your past life."

"When are you going to get me out of here?"

"When you are ready."

"And when will that be?"

She stopped to think. "Soon."

"What do I need to do to prove I'm loyal to you?"

"Nothing. I'm just waiting for the right job for you. At first I was concerned about the kids you're training but I can get someone else to do that for you."