A Sore Thumb.

Mandy walked into my room with a suitcase.

"What's that for?" I asked pointing at the suitcase.

"It's makeup." She said like it was no deal. "I've already got you a dress and shoes, you're a five aren't you?"

"I have no idea."

"You must be otherwise those shoes wouldn't fit you." She pointed at the trainers on my feet. Then she started putting things on my face and rubbing them in. "So, you going to call the boy?"

"I don't know. Am I even allowed?"

"Of course. Just don't let him get in the way."

"How long am I going to be working with you guys on this?"

"A while. We need to take our time, make sure we don't get caught." She got a brush and powder out. "Suck your cheeks in." she put the powder on my cheeks. "Close your eyes." I closed my eyes and I could feel her putting things on my eyelids. "So we have a fake ID for you. Your name will be Megan Oliver. You are a student training to be a body guard."

"Body guard? Really?"

"We had to think of something that you would be able to answer questions about. You can open your eyes now." I blinked multiple times. She pulled a thing from her suitcase.

"What is that?"

"It's a curling wand. Turn round." She plugged it in the wall and I turned my back to her. "So do you know what you are doing?"

"Yes. My name is Megan Oliver and I'm a Student training to be a body guard."

"Lewis Green, Leo, is your date but you aren't dating. So do whatever you need to do to stall Paul Madison." Her speech made me feel uncomfortable.

"So what do you Emmet and Hugo do?"

"Hugo is amazing at computer work and hacking. Emmet plans it all and is an engineer. He builds weapons for us. And I do the same as you. Kill people, get information stuff like that."

"Why aren't you helping then?"

"They've seen me before. We need someone they haven't seen before. You know I heard that Lauren is getting Emmet to make you a special weapon. One of a kind." She changed the subject within seconds.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Okay I think your hair is done." I went to touch the back of my head. "Wait. Don't touch it! It's still hot." She shouted.

"Sorry. It's been like seven years since I've even thought about my hair." I looked down at my hands.

Mandy sat next to me and put her arm around me. "It's okay. You just need to try and forget. Look at it as a new start."

"Won't be the first time I've had to do that."

"Then you should be good at it." She jumped up. "Come on, stand up." I stood up and she took my hands. "Now you're gonna put that gorgeous dress I got for you on and you're gonna smile and make the rest of the world think you don't give a crap!" I smiled and nodded my head. "Wait here." She went out the room and a few seconds later she walked back in with a red dress and small black heels she handed the dress to me and put the shoes on the floor. "Come down when you are ready." Then she left.

I took my clothes off and slipped the dress on. It was skin tight at the top and flared out into a short skater skirt at my hips and the v-cut neck showed of the appropriate amount of cleavage. I wriggled my feet into the shoes and stood up trying to keep my balance. I slowly walked down the stairs grasping on to banister trying to fall. I waddled into the living room and everyone stopped looking at me.