30. Pain

•°"The boy never cried again, and he never forgot what he'd learned: that to love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed." Cassandra Clare -City Of Bones

"You might want to go up to your room," Chloé whispered as she came down the stairs. I looked at her with furrowed brows, confused.

"Just go."

I nodded as I licked my lips and headed upstairs, determined to find out what was in my room.

I held the door knob and pulled it down slowly.

In front of me he stood, looking lost and hopeless as ever, making my heart twitch in ache.

His eyes were teary and puffy. He looked tired as hell, weary with the burden of long-closed eyes; dead on the inside but subconsciously awake.

I felt hopeless for not being able to help him. It tore me apart seeing him this way.

He didn't have to say anything, I just ran up to him and hugged him tight.

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pulled him close, gently rubbing his arm

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pulled him close, gently rubbing his arm. Despite the heaviness in my stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of his body pressed against mine.

I felt him pull back a bit and kiss my forehead.

He then sat on my bed and looked up at me. Giving a half smile, he said, "the second I told her that I loved her, she left me."

~°Flashback Dylan Pov°~

I stared at my gorgeous mother while she soundlessly slept in the bed. I had gotten used to the stench of medicine.

The most gorgeous and generous woman I had ever seen, I thought as I stroked her face, waiting for her to open her eyes.

"My baby, you're here?"
I was glad she smiled. Opening her gorgeous eyes, she stroked my face, soothening all my pain and worry.

I smiled back at her, even though I was breaking on the inside.

The sight of her hurt me, the colour had drained from her face leaving a pale face. She was thin and weak, but she still looked gorgeous.

It was one week before my graduation. My mom was pretty excited for my graduation party, much more excited than I was. I was just glad to finally leave high school, even though I was the heartthrob of many girls. I was popular with an excellent academic record besides being the soccer's team captain. After finding out the horrifying news of my mother's illness, despite them trying their hardest to hide it from me, I gave up on everything. I even skipped school, my grades dropping and locked up myself in my room. The darkness overshadowed every tiny bit of light.