35. Fish, Martin, and Ferrari

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams - Dr. Seuss

~Dylan~

"Miranda don't leave Martin with a babysitter. Bring him here, Paige and I will take care of him."

"Who's Paige? A girl?"

"Of course Miranda," I chuckled.

Miranda was my mother's close friend and moved here when my mother died. She'd take care of me when my dad was busy, taking me as her own son.

"Oh Dylan. I hope she makes you happy."

"She does...so much."

"I'm glad. I wish your mother was still alive. She'd be elated."

I wish.

"Martin, stop!"
I could hear Martin calling my name through the phone.

"Let me speak to him."

"Dylan hi!" he exclaimed.

"Mommy isn't letting me stay with you."

"Don't worry, she's going to bring you here now."
He went silent for a second.

"Is Paige going to be there?"

"Yes she is and we'd celebrate your birthday together."

"I won't have a big birthday party this year."

"Don't worry. We'll cut a cake with Paige and I'll take you to Toys R Us and get as much gifts as you want."

I then felt arms around me and her perfume filled my nostrils. Seeing her in just my shirt made me feel a silver of primitive pleasure. She belonged to me- mine, all mine.

No one was home, because the maid usually comes early in the morning and leaves early.

She gave me a questioning look and I kissed her forehead and nodded.

"Paige says hi," I asserted and her eyes twinkled as she smiled.

I closed the line and carried Paige, planting kisses on her cheeks, going down her neck as she giggled between my arms.

I wondered if she enjoyed last night, but it would feel too cheesy to ask her if she did. I hoped it reached her expectations. Making love, I had always believed that it was simply pleasurable, but yesterday we shared love, commitment and  trust.

I have known Paige for ten months. When I was lost between losing her and her safety yet and still picking her, made me realize that it was she who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, the person I want to  wake up to for the rest of my life. The only woman I ever wanted.

"Martin seemed upset. What's up?" She asked interrupting my thoughts.

I kissed her hard on the lips, before bringing her down.

"His mom has to be with his dad to finish the paperwork at the hospital so he's going to spend some days here. He's upset that he won't get a birthday party, but I told him that we'll cut a cake here."

"Oh Martin. I could make him a party."

"There's no need. I'll take him to Toys R Us and buy him lots of gifts. Once he sees the toys he'd forget everything."

Her eyes then twinkled with amusement as she smirked.

"When is his birthday?" she asked.

"In two days and Martin will be here tomorrow."