C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y-T H R E E

A/N: CARA DELEVINGNE AS SHAE VEGA

___________________________________________________________

H E' S M I N E

C H A P T E R – T W E N T Y - T H R E E

<><><>

Spence excused himself right after dinner, and I was mentally pleading for him to take me with him. We can telepathically communicate with each other, it's just that he seems to always ignore me whenever I do it. So he left the table and it was just Xander and I... and my mother. I wish she would get a call to go to work or something. This talk is so unnecessary because she already met Xander. She treats him like one of her sons, why is she doing this to me? I want to go.

Everyone was finished eating and I decided to take out my phone. Before dinner I was texting jay and I got his point of view of what happened, now I want Troy's. I'm like their biggest shipper and I want to know everything that takes place between them, except sex. That's not for my ears. Unfortunately, as I began texting Troy, my mum told me to put away my phone and I was forced to pay attention to this conversation. I mean, I would have been totally okay if I could have just stayed on my phone throughout it all, but I have to stay alert. It's so fricking stupid.

She began asking Xander about his plans for the future, which she already fucking knows. She knows it all. Then after she got answers she already knows, she went on to ask personal questions. And I don't mean questions like what was your first pet's name, because she knows that already. It's questions that no teenage couple ever wants to fricking answer. She began talking about drugs, smoking and alcohol, then sex. Then she began giving him scenarios to comment on and it was just horrible. I can't believe this is my life right now.

"Uh I highly doubt we would be put in that situation..." was Xander's answer to one of her crazy ass scenarios.

"Okay, maybe not," she says and nods her head, "But I need to know you will protect my daughter at all times."

"I will," Xander nodded. It's like he's going to fucking marry me.

"Mum, is this necessary? You already know Xander."

"Yeah, but now he isn't just my son's friend, he's my daughter's boyfriend, which is a completely different situation," she tells me and I slouch in my seat. Xander smiled at me and took my hand below the table, but I was still annoyed.

"Have you ever dated another one of your friends' sister?" she interrogated. Xander glanced at me, "Uh yeah, once."

"Hmm..." mum says as though she's processing it to ask another question which would be totally irrelevant to our relationship. I groan loudly, "Mum, please stop. I mean, come on, you know him like the back of your hand. Can't he just go?"

My mother bit her bottom lip then sighed, 'Your right, honey. I just need to make sure he's right for you. I mean, some guys only chase sex, which is not what I want for my daughter. No offense, Xander."

"Uh... no problem..." he says confused. I smiled, "Okay, great. Xander won't hurt me, and this is over." I hurriedly got up and pull on his hand. I rushed out of the kitchen as Xander called, "Good night, Ms. Shae!" I wanted to laugh but I also wanted him out the house. Who knows, maybe she might call us back. I don't want that. I rushed him out of the house before my mum could reply and slam the door closed behind us.

"Don't ever stay for another dinner," I breathe. Xander chuckled softly and ran his fingers through his hair. "It wasn't that bad."

"It's okay, you don't have to lie, she isn't listening," I roll my eyes.