9. Don't lean on me

Grace's POV:

My mom and I looked at each other for a moment and I heard something behind her crash. "Happy really late birthday." She said and I saw a small little pug come out from behind her. I crouched down and the pug came over and investigated. "Thank you mom. Where's dad though?" I asked, my voice cracking from fear of having to face him. "He's in jail, he refused therapy and all that so they are keeping him there." I nod my head and pick up my pug baby. "Name her whatever you want." I smile and look down at the pitch black pug that's wiggling around in my arms. "I think I'll name her Ariel." My mom smiles. "Pretty name, do you want to see the rest of the apartment?" "Yes please."

She walks over to the kitchen, a new black stove and fridge in. The counters all black marble and the floor is the old 70's black and white diner. We walked around the corner and she opened the door to my art room. The walls all had my paintings and drawings I framed put up. My desk black and right by the window, so I could look out at the city. The same tile used in the kitchen used in here. There's a wall filled with colored pencils sorted by color in a case. I put Ariel down and she runs around the room happily. A large juke box that has an aux cord placed by a booth with a table in front of it. "This is amazing mom. Thank you." I say and hug her tightly. "I figured you would need a fresh start. Your room is the door connected to here on the right and the bathroom connects as well." "Thank you mom. Really this means so much to me."

I hugged her and she left the room. I looked across the room back and forth and let out a deep breath that I had been holding in. My phone had so many different notifications from my friends but I ignored them all and sat at the desk. I plugged my phone into the aux cord of the juke box and blasted "Kick me" from sleeping with sirens.

I started rummaging through the drawers of the desk and found all kinds of paper and various art tools including paint brushes. I took a blank sketch book out of one of the drawers and set it on the desk and took out sketching pencils. I the took some coloured pencils off of the wall and sat back down at the desk. Going through my Pinterest, I found many art ideas on my board that I have been meaning to draw for a long time.

I found one that really caught my eye. It was of a little girl that had bright clothes on and a beautiful smile but her mind was very dark and she had a cage around her head. The cage signified that she was a prisoner of her own mind. I let my hand dance around my paper, occasionally erasing small errors. A little while later I was finished and looked down at my colourless page. I then started to fill in my drawing with colour. I started with the little girl's clothes. I then coloured her mind black. Soon enough, I was done colouring my drawing and it was all finished.

I sat back in my chair and felt at ease for once, the music in the room and art being my main focus. I haven't felt this relaxed in months and it felt so good. My phone started ringing and I took it off the aux cord and answered it.

"Hello?" I said, confused as to who was calling. "I heard your back in town, did you want to grab a coffee with me?" I take the phone away from my ear and look at the caller ID. Paul/ Spiderman was the name that was on the screen. I put the phone back to my ear. "Not today, maybe when I'm all settled in though." "Okay, just give me a time and place and I'm there." I smile and sigh to myself. "Thanks Paul, I'll see you around." "Yea, see you around beautiful." I shake my head and hang up my phone. I decide to check my texts to see a bunch from Cas and Dean and Jared and Jensen. Even Ash and Andy had texted me. I clicked on Jared's contact to see what he has messaged me.

"Hey, Cas told me your back in town. We're actually filming there right now. Would be awesome to see you again. You could come meet Gen, maybe even Tom and Shep. Text me when you can." I smile and think about how good he must be doing. I type back.