Chapter 10

"Everyone get under the desks!" Adrien yelled. "I'm going to go check it out." He turned and grabbed Marinette's arm "Come with me."

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" Nathanäel shouted. "Marinette's safer here!"

"No, she's not." Adrien said firmly. "Trust me on this one. You'll all be safe here, but Marinette won't be. Stay where you are. Please."

"Adrien Agreste, I swear, if anything happens to my best friend, I'm going to chop off your head and-" Alya yelled, interrupted by Adrien.

"Alya, please calm down. Marinette is going to be perfectly safe and so are you. I guarantee it." He grabbed Marinette's arm and led her to a large janitorial closet.

Marinette was panicking. "What's happening?" she cried.

Adrien placed both hands on her shoulders. "Calm down. I'll be right back." Adrien ran off, leaving the blue-haired girl in complete confusion and terror.

* * *

"So, what's the plan?" Adrien hid in the locker room and let Tikki and Plagg out of his bag.

"There isn't one. Just get her transformed. It's the only choice we have. Just teach her as she goes along." Tikki said urgently.

Adrien transformed into Chat Noir and led Tikki back to the closet.

"Marinette," Chat Noir said calmly. "Don't panic. I know this is a lot to take in, but..."

"Wait, aren't you Chat Noir?" Marinette asked the blonde boy who wore a cat-like costume.

"Huh? Oh, I..." Chat took a deep breath, then flashed a charming grin. "Yeah, that's me. Now, back to business. This is Tikki."

A red flying creature barely bigger than Marinette's fist appeared. Mari squealed and jumped back, knocking over a broom in the small closet.

"What in the world is THAT?!" she yelped.

"I'm Tikki." The creature said gently. "Please calm down. I'm a kwami. Basically, I'm the source of your superpowers."

"What?" Marinette stared at the two like they were crazy.

"Marinette," Chat Noir said quietly. "You're Ladybug. I know you don't remember, but please just trust us. You still have it in you. Those earrings you're wearing? They're a Miraculous. The source of your superpowers. You just need to say, 'Tikki, transform me'."

"I... I don't think..."

Chat Noir was engulfed in green light and Adrien Agreste stood in his place. "Do you trust me?"

Marinette gasped. "What?! I-you-"

"Yeah. It's me." Adrien said softly, slipping a small chunk of incredibly smelly cheese into his shirt pocket.

"Mmmmm Camembert. Adrien, that was a pointless transformation. You're just wasting my energy for no reason."

Adrien rolled his eyes. "My kwami, Plagg. He's a pest." He grinned again and yelled, "Plagg, transform me!" and was Chat Noir once again. He smiled. A crash came from somewhere in the building. His smile dropped. His green eyes filled with emotion as he said, "Please try. You're our only hope."

Marinette, still thoroughly confused, nodded tentatively and said, "Tikki, transform me!" Within seconds, she found herself dressed in a red and black spotted supersuit exactly like the one she'd seen in Nathanäel's drawings. Something felt...right about it. She felt energized and confident, and the suit fit perfectly. It all felt familiar, somehow. She smiled.

"Long time no see, M'Lady." Chat winked and took her hand. "Shall we?"