Chapter 13

Marinette opened the door to the bakery and saw Alya, Nathanäel, and her parents anxiously waiting inside.

"Marinette! You're okay!" The group crowded Marinette.

She hugged them all and took a step back. "I have some good news. I remember everything. I don't know what happened, but it all came back."

"Really?" Alya hugged her friend again. "Are you sure?"

"Everything." She grinned, and everyone hugged her again.

"Thank goodness!" cried Sabine.

Marinette smiled warmly, then glanced at Nathanäel, her smile wavering slightly. "But could I maybe talk to you for a moment?"

Nathanäel stood. "Of course." He followed. Marinette upstairs and to the balcony.

"Nath..." Marinette spoke quietly, watching the slowly drifting clouds in the blue sky. "I wanted to thank you. For staying by my side and helping me remember. It means a lot to me, you caring like that. You stood up for me when Chloé was being mean, and you did everything you could to help me remember and understand what was going on." She turned and looked straight into the ginger boy's blue-green eyes. "Thank you. But..." she looked down at her feet. "I think we should just be friends." She glanced back up.

Nathanäel smiled sadly. "I kinda figured you wouldn't choose me over him. It was too good to be true. It always has been and always will be just a dream. I guess we're not meant to be together."

Marinette smiled. "Thank you for understanding. It really does mean a lot to me, that you stayed by my side through all of this." The two walked silently back to the trapdoor.

"Of course." Just before he was about to leave, Nathanäel turned back toward Marinette. He kissed her gently on the cheek. "But I'll never stop loving you." He whispered. "Let me know if you ever change your mind. But until that day comes, or if it does, I'll still be by your side as your friend. If that's okay."

Marinette nodded and Nathanäel left. "I'll see you tomorrow."

And after that, everything was the way it was meant to be.

Author's Note:

That's  the end of this one!! I really hope that you enjoyed it; it's my favorite fanfiction that I've ever written. Thank you to everyone who voted and commented ;) It really does mean the world to me. I'll be trying to work on more fanfictions soon, some of them from other fandoms, so stay tuned! I love you guys!!